Royal Blood by Aimee Carter


An American girl becomes the British Monarchy’s greatest nightmare in this thrilling new series where royal scandals just got deadlier.

As the King of England’s illegitimate daughter, 17-year-old Evan Bright knows a thing or two about keeping secrets. 

But when she’s forced to spend the summer in London with her father and the royal family, who aren’t exactly thrilled she exists, her identity is mysteriously revealed, and suddenly the world is dying to know every juicy lie the press prints about her. 

After a fun night turns deadly and Evan becomes the primary suspect in a murder investigation, the escalating rumors and fallout threaten to tear her life apart. As she fights to uncover the truth about what happened, she discovers royal secrets that are even more scandalous than she imagined – secrets that could change the monarchy forever.

And her own may be next.

Imagine my surprise after being stuck daydreaming about the last book I read for weeks and then I go and read another five-star book! Royal Blood is absolutely brilliant. It's got all the scandal and drama you could ever want. Evan is the literal black sheep of the family being the illegitimate daughter of the king. She is finally recognized after her lineage is suddenly revealed. All she wants is to turn eighteen and go home to live with her mom but then she gets caught up in rumors that she killed someone. She's determined to prove her innocence so she can live her life in peace. With a stepmother who hates her, a half-sister who can't stand her, and many others who would gain if she was out of the way there are so many possible suspects. 

Royal Blood was so much fun! I couldn't believe how many twists and turns the plot took. I was always suspecting but I was very surprised at the end. The murder isn't even the only plot device going on here. I would love to go into my theories but I wouldn't want to spoil anything.

I was very wary reading beforehand that this had an SA event but it wasn't graphic at all or I would have stopped reading. She pulls through all that and is able to make some real waves. I also liked that there was a romance that didn't take over. The love interest is a genuinely nice guy from what I can tell so it didn't impede the story at all. If you are looking for a fast-paced book with lots of drama and intrigue you will love this book and be rooting for Evan all the way.

Comments

back to top