Mindful Ramblings 004

Image by Marie G.
These past two weeks have been on one side incredibly stressful and on the other side a great reset in my life. Two weeks ago I had a lot going on up until this past Monday. I was finally able to relax into my week vacation. I'm sad that it'll be over soon but I've reset my mind and my goals going forward especially with my health. I've decided that I need to focus on my physical health. I've been focusing on my mental health and struggling for the last few months. I think if I focused on my physical health as well then I will be more healthy all around.

Last week I had a big important work thing and I think it worked out well. I'm glad I practiced! I also went to this really nice park and spent the day by the water as well as walking. I started my journey into running/jogging a whole 5k. I started small. I ran/jogged 0.25 miles and then walked about 2 miles. My goal is to increase it incrementally until I get to a 5k. There's a specific race I am going for in June. I have 12 weeks to practice and I am feeling confident! I also did some shopping for a trip I went on... to Key West! A hot day where I went to a bookstore, had some ice-cream, walked along the water, and basically walked my way into soreness lol. I also started a Chloe Ting challenge this past week. I just finished day 2 of the Get Peachy Challenge. My main goal being just get back into exercising my body not just doing cardio.

Two weeks ago I walked so little... 35,038 steps. Less than the week before. This week I have done so much better. I can't wait to write about it next Saturday! I'm very proud that I am taking my health as a priority. Not only am I walking/exercising more but I have challenged myself to eat more calories. I have been needing to gain weight forever and I can't sustain all this exercise I want to do without eating like I mean it. 

I've only read two books in two weeks. Yikes! But I'm fine with taking a break and focusing on something else. I am back at it again though. I was stressed out and didn't need to be thinking about one more thing which is why I haven't posted for more than a week. The first book I completed was Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev. It was alright but I won't be continuing on in the series which is kind of good for me because I can tick it off as one out of four series completed this year. The other book I read was this nice middle grade graphic novel called Allergic by Megan Lloyd. It was the right kind of light book I needed at the moment.

Next up I want to read Agent 9: Flood-a-Geddon! which is one of many middle grade ARC's I received from going to this virtual middle grade event for work. Stay tuned to a lot of middle grade reviews in the future! I'm not sure what else I want to read. My book club book is going nowhere so I might tell my mom that we should scrap it and read a book we've read before. 

This week I am planning on writing a review of Allergic by Megan Lloyd and Agent 9: Flood-a-Geddon! by James Burks. I want to keep it light because this will be another busy workweek. I'm also contemplating writing up my exercise plan as well as some other goals. I like having everything on paper but it'll be nice to have it on the blog too. We'll see with that last one. Two weeks ago I wrote my third Mindful Ramblings post, my mother daughter book club review, and some books I can't wait for.

This week's artist I'm featuring is Jessica Madorran. She does a lot of great character designs especially for MerMay and Drawlloween. 

What have you been up to lately?

Comments

back to top