March 2020 Reading Wrap-Up & Stats

Image by Naghme Kn

March was a completely unexpected reading month in regard to the number of books I read and where my reading took me. I read 19 books! I read my first historical romance. Started seeking out more historical romance. And promptly got tired of the genre. I only wrote one review last month but since I'm working from home this month I'm planning on changing that. I'm hoping to get back into my groove of posting more and commenting on other blogs since I have the time at home. I still have work and school but it's still something I can see myself prioritizing.

I'm down to 257 books on my TBR. Only a 5 book difference from last month. 8 books came off my tbr last month. The oldest was on my tbr since 2011. I added 14 books to my tbr! Which means I must have gotten rid of 11 books throughout the month but I couldn't tell you which ones. I'm going to try to pay attention to the number of books being added and removed from my list this month so I'm not this surprised next time.


Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds ★★★★★ - Extremely inspirational especially as a person who loves running.

The Kingmaker ★★ - Would have preferred more romance than steamy scenes. The time jump at the end was too much of a gap too. 

The Wrong Game ★★★ - Such cute dialogue between the two main characters. The steamy bits and drama at the end weren't my thing.

Bent Heavens ★★★★ - I still have no words for this book. 


Faker ★★ - Didn't like the romance and the overly talked about multicultural "theme" of the romance.

The Princess Curse ★★ - Extremely different to what I was expecting with a weird "love interest."

Star Wars Creatures Big & Small ★★★ - A cute rhyming book featuring lots of Star Wars creatures.

Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 1 ★★★★★ - A reread of a fantastic first volume of a magically written and beautifully drawn adventure.


Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 2 ★★★★★ - Dragons, friendship, and a villain discovered!

Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 3 ★★★★★ - New faces, saving locals, and character growth.

Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 4 ★★★★★ - A trial, a villain surfaces, and the coolest yet tragic scene ever.

When a Scot Ties the Knot ★★ - Loved the female main character, the guy and forced marriage... wasn't so great.


Scandalous Desires ★★★★ - Loved both main characters, the romance, and drama. I wasn't into the steamy scenes (but I don't seem to be interested in any in the books I read).

We Are the Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast ★★★ - This was a lot of contemplating about how no one really cares enough to better the world. Lots of personal anecdotes and stories. Thought provoking.

The Magic Misfits ★★★ - Felt like such a Neil Patrick Harris book and like him telling a story to his kids.

The Rogue Not Taken ★★★★★ - I adored everything about Sophie and King together.


A Rogue by Any Other Name ★★★ - This started out really well but I would have liked a slower romance/falling in love storyline.

Harleen ★★★ - A Harley Quinn origin story that was somewhat interesting. The artwork was just okay.

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover ★★ - A sequel that I was highly anticipating but the love interest fantasizing about the main character almost right away led to a not so great romance. I want romance above all in my romance reads.


Reading Stats

Favorite Book of the Month: The Rogue Not Taken

Worst Book of the Month: Faker

Most Disappointing Book of the Month: One Good Earl Deserves a Lover

Books Read: 19

Pages Read: 5,573

Genres Read: 1 superhero fiction, 1 science fiction, 2 nonfiction, 3 romances, 5 historical romances, and 7 fantasies.

Author: 14 female authors and 5 male authors.

Age Range: 11 adult books, 1 children's book, 2 middle grade, 1 new adult, and 5 YA books.

I read 19 books this past month which is above what I should be reading to get to my secret goal of 175 books. I'm almost back on track for that goal while I am 8 books ahead for my current goal of 139 books. I read a little more male authors this month which is something but not that much more from last month. It makes sense since I'm just focusing on reading what I want. Also, I read primarily romance this month so... I finally read Can't Hurt Me which is one of the books I want to read off of my must read nonfiction books of 2020. I still have read 0 classics but I finally have a plan to read at least one this April. I've read just 2 out of 10 horror books although Bent Heavens is arguably a science fiction horror book. I finally reviewed a backlisted book and read one too. My plan for April is to read a bunch of must read fiction books on my list, one (possibly two) classics, at least two horrors, start a series, and review at least two backlisted ARCs. Lastly, I'm planning on reading only four male author books. If you know of any short horror, fantasy, or sci-fi books by a male author you think I'll love please let me know. 

How was your reading in March? Are you achieving your bookish goals?

Comments

  1. I ended up deleting Faker from my TBR, and from the looks of it, I made a good choice! Wow, 19 books! I hope April is a great month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job getting so much reading done. I have been working from home in March too- but it was so much busier and crazier than going to work. Because of that I am reading less books than usual. I loved reading about all the books you read. I haven't read any of the books- but enjoyed seeing your ratings. I have been curious about the Neil Patrick Harris book. Thanks for sharing. Hope all is well with you and that you and your family are healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top