June 2019 TBR + Link-Up

Image by Social Cut

This June TBR includes a link-up for the Pick-a-Theme | 2019 Challenge hosted here @ She's Got Books On Her Mind. At the end of this post you can find a place to link-up to any reviews, discussions, and the like surrounding the theme you chose for June. You'll also find a link for the March link-up for the Royal Reading Challenge. I've added a few books you might enjoy for each challenge that I've discovered around Goodreads/the library that'll fit the theme.

I've got one short class this semester. I've decided to extend my Master's to have an extra semester which means I won't be graduating this year. I did also finalize when I wanted to move out of my parent's house and that'll be May of next year. I am thrilled because who wants to live in their parent's house and I'll be renting a room in my brother's condo. It's not too much out of my comfort zone but I'll still be able to save for a more permanent residence without being worried about living with someone I don't know. On another note it's summer and I want to go to the beach or pool every weekend. I'm looking forward to all the sunshine, swimming, and books summer has to offer.

It's June so my theme read and books I chose feel very much like summer. It's something I absolutely love when it's included in my reads. My theme for this month is...


I absolutely love when a story includes all the family member's in a protagonist's life. It adds something more that makes the book special. Summer is the time where I have some of my best memories and they usually involve family. I thought I would kick off the summer with a theme I know I will have no problem loving.

My TBR is long this June. I want to get to as many as possible but I know full well I have some big books on this list and it's more than I have read in a month in a long time. I'll try my best.


Don't Date Rosa Santos was a book I wanted to hold off reading until Hispanic Heritage month but I just can't. I recently saw a video by chelseadolling reads and just having someone else read the summary got me all teary-eyed. I have never read or head of a YA book with a Cuban protagonist before. I'm Cuban, it's set in South Florida, and it might even fit my theme - this better be good!

Enchantée was the book you chose as my tbr pick! I'm really excited to read this one. I don't usually go for historical fiction but it being set in Paris and the magic aspect are too promising to look away from. This is a pretty big book from what I usually read so I need to get to it soon and not wait until the last minute to read it!

My Plain Jane is another big book but I've been wanting to read it for a while. This'll be my first royal read for my challenge and it's about time. This is written by three authors but I wanted to read it mainly since Cynthia Hand is one of the authors. She wrote the Unearthly series which I loved. This is also a Jane Eyre retelling. I love retellings and Jane Eyre so perfect for me!

When We Found Home looks and sounds perfect for the summer. It's one of my theme reads and I'm buddy reading it with my mom. I love reading books with her so on the rare occasion I can convince her to read a book with me I will. It's a story about these siblings find each other for the first time and their journey to become a family. There's also supposed to be a romance in the story as well which is a bonus.


Stef Soto, Taco Queen is my second theme read. It's about a girl who doesn't like her family's business especially since kids make fun of her because of it, but then the it starts going under. Stef is supposed to be the person who saves her family's business. This story is about family and food. Me in a book.

The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow is a book I bought earlier this year. It's by Jessica Haight and Stephanie Robinson @ The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow. I want to read more books on my shelves and after that total disaster of last month's theme read's not getting done I'm reading a short book from my shelf. I do worry if I'll like this or not because I've been following Jessica and Stephanie for so long but I have high hopes for this children's mystery.

Love à la Mode is about teen chefs in Paris in a highly competitive program. Did I mention I love books with food as a main theme?


I'll be reading Wake Up, Sleeping Beauty Vol. 1 & 2 as those are the only ones available at my library right now. This manga is a sleeping beauty retelling and that makes my heart soar! I want to get back into reading manga's and last month really propelled me to do so. 

Okay, so. I read a lot of picture books and have no reason to. I want to limit my picture book reading to about one or two a month or I would go crazy. There are so many amazing picture books out there but I need to contain myself. Operation Rescue Dog seems like it will be lovely. It's about a girl and dog rescuing each other 🤗.

Spin is a book I got for review on NetGalley. I'm pretty much dying to read this. Dizzy's mother is a famous singer and this secret is revealed to the world. Dizzy also lives above a record store and I don't know. I'm liking the music and general vibes I'm getting from this book.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!




What books do you think I should prioritize this month?
What summer reads are you looking forward to reading?

Comments

  1. Love a la Mode was a very cute read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading an interesting book at the moment from an Australian author. Fleeting Moments by Rania Battany.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top