2019 Planning Wrap-Up | How Much Did I Get Done?


I love planning and making lists. But coming through with those plans can always be difficult for the procrastinator in me. I gave myself 12 days from the first to the twelfth of December to not only write posts I had planned for those weeks but also plan for posts in January and even February. So how much actual planning did I get done? Let's find out.


I planned for five posts to create during this 12 day time period. The first one was called the 12 Days of Books Read-a-thon | TBR + Updates (P.S. You can see my updates on this readathon starting today until the 24th) which I successfully completed... before the actual planning days begun. 

Let me explain. 

I didn't think I could get it done because I had an essay to write. Also, I was on a high after completing a group assignment and being done with one of my classes. So before even thinking about the challenge I set out for myself I started typing. After about half way through I remembered, "Oh yeah, I'm supposed to wait until tomorrow to do this." I reasoned that I was almost done so it wasn't a big deal. As this isn't part of my overall goal to plan for next year I'm okay with my decision.

The next post I was supposed to have up was The Beautiful Lost by Luanne Rice which I'm happy to say I completed. Was it two days later than I originally planned to post it? Sure. But it got done.

Now I hit a little snag with the other three planned posts called YouTube. Surprise surprise, I didn't get them done. I was supposed to post Christmas Hallmark Movie Recs, In Her Skin by Kim Savage (which I did read!) and The Search for Wondla by Toni DiTerlizzi (I haven't read this one). I did end up posting two other posts to make up for them in a way. One was on a whim and the other I already preplanned for later on in the month. 

The whim one was the Royal Reading Challenge. It was something I was contemplating posting but wasn't sure of. I'm really happy I decided to do so because I did enjoy creating it back in 2016. I think I could have done better with it that year and I hope I'm able to be consistent with the challenge this upcoming year. The post I already planned for later on this month is Choose My Next TBR Read for January 2019 which I'm so happy I posted early because it gives me time to get the book before the start of the year. Voting will probably end tomorrow or on Saturday so vote if you haven't voted do so now! I'm honestly surprised by the choices everyone is making thus far but that's what makes it fun.

I do plan on working on the three posts I had planned for this past couple of weeks. They will be up by the next two weeks... she says with trepidation.


I wonder if you can guess how many posts I completed out of the seven I planned.

I planned a little better for the actual challenge of writing posts for 2019 since the whole goal was to plan ahead. I wrote five posts for the future although one of them was for the end of January. The one I wrote for December was based on the challenges I plan on participating in with a twist on some of them. The ones I wrote for 2019 include my January TBR + Link-Up, Yearly Resolutions, Mystery Book Tag, and Mystery Feature (the mystery is that it is the next Choose My Next TBR Read). Some of them I didn't complete all of because I have to wait until later in the month to add a link, a description, or a picture. But, I still count them as completed when I got 98% of them done. 

I didn't work on my YA Masculinity post (it was a little too daunting), February 2019 Book Releases (I'm working on the January one now), and February Book Recs which was a reach anyways. I plan on slowly completing any December posts coming up then going through the ones I didn't get to for January. I want to get as much done as possible in December because this is when I have the time. However, I am prioritizing my readathon since I want to read everyday and complete my last books by December. Seeing as I am two books behind from my actual TBR list is... an interesting factor to contend with. So really I'll be happy if I get my December posts up at least.

I do have some quick questions before you go. Do you think I should change the Choose My Next TBR Book for January 2019 and other posts like it going forward to Choose My Next TBR Book #1? Also, is it pertinent that I add Link-Up to the title January TBR? Should I just create a second post? Any feedback helps.

Comments

  1. I'm kind of failing at getting things scheduled ahead, but I have some time off for Christmas and while next week is going to be insane, the week of New Year's Eve should hopefully give me some time to get posts scheduled. Good luck with all of yours!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm getting behind on the ones I am supposed to do now so I've stopped blogging ahead for now. I think in the New Year when I have time I'll start up again. Good luck to you as well (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top