Bout of Books 11.0 Day 7: Challenges

Challenge #10: Post-Apocalyptic

Artist: Dor Cohen

I am participating in the 5 book challenge/Post-Apocalyptic Challenge over at Falling Down the Book Hole. The goal is to pick 5 books you would bring with you if aliens were invading. Here is the scenario:

"It is 11:00 PM on a Sunday night. You are laying in bed thinking about all of the things you must do the next day. Tasks of the coming days consume your thoughts and while your mind is somewhere else you are caught off guard by a flash in the sky that is followed by a large wailing screech that pierces the air and shatters your bedroom window. Slowly you move to the window and what you see catches your breathe and causes you to stumble back a few steps. The aliens (at least you think they are aliens) have began to enter the city and destroy everything that is in their path. Through the window your view is consumed with destruction, screaming people and large flames that are dancing across the city at a fast pace. You notice that the creatures are heading in your direction and you realize you probably have about fifteen minutes before they reach your home. That means you have only about ten minutes to gather your belongings and escape before you are caught in the attack from the aliens invading the city.

Given the short amount of time you are only able to take 5 books with you. What books would you pick to take with you as you escape and prepare for the end of the world. Would you choose books that would help you survive in the post-apocalyptic world ,books for pleasure that would make you happy and take you to a fantasy reality or books that you can’t live without?"
1. War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells: I thought of this after I saw aliens were invading. This is the only alien book that I know of that might help me decide what to do.

2. A Week in the Woods by Andrew Clements: One of my favorite books. It has to do with nature somewhat so while I'm out trying to survive in possibly the woods? I'll have this book to make me happy.

3. My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George: A book about a boy living in the woods. I remember it explains some survival tactics throughout the book which is great. Plus I love this book so it's a win win.

4. Hatchet by Gary Paulson: Another survival book that I love. The title alone will remind me to bring a large sharp weapon because they are very useful when trying to make fires and possibly taking down aliens.

5. How Not to be Popular by Jennifer Zieglar: I need to have a book that gets me away from everything and this is that book.

2-5 are favorites or books I really love so I feel like I picked the right books for my alien invasion survival kit.

What books would you take if their was an alien invasion?

Comments

  1. I think my comment got eaten or my computer did something weird.

    I would have to take The Goblet of Fire (nice and long and I would definitely need an HP book).

    I haven't read 1 and 5 from your list, but I have read and enjoyed all the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goblet of Fire is a good one. I prefer the Order of the Phoenix myself. If I took one of the longer HP books I don't think I'd have space to carry anymore books!
      Don't you just love nature stories?

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top