Bout of Books 11.0 Day 5: Challenges

Challenge #7: Recreate a Cover

The 7th challenge I'm participating is recreating a cover over at Spines and Covers. This challenge was really fun. I'm glad I've seen some others draw their recreations because I drew mine as well. Fair warning I'm not an artist. And also I am not a child. I just draw like one.

Original Cover:

My Cover:

I used Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender as a reference. I chose to make once side blue and another side yellow with a crack in the middle to represent the story within. This series is crazy dark. I admit I haven't finished it because it was so dark for me at the time. I think I was a preteen when I started reading this series. Anyways the whole book is about how their are multiple lives you live based on certain big moments. One life I believe the main character lives, is one where someone close to him died while the other that person is still alive. The tree is very important in the story so I drew him surrounded by it.

Challenge #8: Book Chain



The 8th challenge I'm participating in is a book chain over at Christian Bookshelf Reviews. I tried just looking at my bookshelves for the right books but I couldn't find anything. So I went on the internet and found some books (all of which I have yet to read) and constructed this book chain:

Born At Midnight by C.C. Hunter
Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo
(The) Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Season of the Witch by Natasha Mostert

Now to get back to reading!

Comments

  1. I really enjoy how your recreated cover turned out. I think you did a great job with your draw. So much better than mine! Really great job! :)

    Good readings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thannya for the kind words (:
      I'm sure your drawing was great.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top