Bout of Books 11.0 Day 2: Reading Update



Day 2 of Bout of Books went extremely well. I read almost 400 pages and finished a book. A really good book at that. Problem is I fell asleep at 3 am because I was reading so late. I woke up super late so by the time I was finished with that book most of the day had gone by. I need to try a different strategy. But, I couldn't stop reading! Daughter of Smoke and Bone was just too good. This is a better problem than I usually have which is not reading at all so I'll try to wake up early and get lots of reading done then.

My next book chosen at random was Dead Girls Don't Lie but since I found out my ebook library loan expired I had to choose another one which happened to be the last book in the Keepers trilogy. I read the second Keeper's trilogy book for my first Bout of Books read so I thought that was amusing. Out of all of the books I could choose from I chose that one. I don't have to wait to complete the series!


"A shiver of loathing ran through Goldie. It was more than six months since the Blessed Guardians had been banished from the city. But now here they were, back again!

The city of The city of Jewel is in peril once again, as it is held captive by the frightful Fugleman, his band of Blessed Guardians, and an army of merciless mercenaries. Goldie and Toadspit are determined to free their city, but how can they fight such overwhelming forces? Their unlikely allies include a dozen white mice, the bloodthirsty spirit of a warrior princess, and a cat and a brizzlehound who are mortal enemies.
The ensuing war will set thieves against soldiers and trickery against Frow Carrion, a monstrous cannon with a mind of its own. The Fugleman will stop at nothing to defeat Goldie and her friends. And as Jewel and its people are dragged to the brink of destruction, Goldie will face her most difficult task yet: while Toadspit fights a duel to the death, she must walk the mysterious Beast Road, a secret path so perilous that no one has ever returned from it.
Will Toadspit survive the duel? Will Goldie survive the Beast Road? Readers who relished Museum of Thieves and City of Lies will devour Path of Beasts, the final book in the Keepers Trilogy."

I haven't started yet but I've seen the cast of characters page already. Each book has a cast of characters page in the beginning. It has illustrations of all the characters that are important in the book. The main characters are always there but their image always changes. Their might be new add on characters depending on the book. The three main characters look so bad ass in this book! I'm so excited because they usually look disheveled. They look like they are ready to fight in this one. 



I love that the first picture of Goldie with Princess Frisia in the background. Goldie looks so amazing I want to SCREAM! What on earth is Toadspit doing with that huge skeleton? I don't know but I'm excited that he's been all spruced up too.

The Book Stats:

Note: The stats for today might change if I decide to read later on. They will be changed on the next update. This is something that will be applied to each update except the final one.

Currently Reading: Path of Beasts by Lian Tanner

Tuesday, August 19th
Books Read: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Pages Read: 394 pgs.
Time Read: 4 hrs. 35 min.

Total Stats
Books Read: 2
Pages Read: 720 pgs.
Time Read: 7 hrs. 58 min.

Number of Hours to Reach Goal: 10 hrs. 2 min.

Comments

  1. Nice update! I wish I could read until the wee hours of the morning, but I was out by 9pm last night :P It sucks getting older lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I feel like it's better to sleep early. I get annoyed when I can't fall asleep until the middle of the night.

      Delete
  2. Hey! I really like your blog. I'm quite new to it; found it in a topic on Goodreads.
    I'm following by e-mail from now on!
    What sort of reading challenge are you doing? (:

    - Felicia ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! My reading challenge is called Bout of Books. It's a pretty popular read-a-thon where you set a goal to read a number of books in a week. Everyone encourages each other, you get to participate in challenges, and twitter chats.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I'm so glad you liked Daughter of Smoke and Bone so much! It takes a really good book to deprive one of sleep. I've been wanting to read that book for a really long time now.
    That's so cool that they have character illustrations at the beginnings of the book. I've seen a few books do that, but not many, and I find it really neat whenever I stumble upon one like that. Those pictures are such high quality!
    At the rate you've been going you'll reach your goal in no time! Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had such a bad time sleeping! But the books I've been reading are worth it. I'm pretty happy about both of the books you described turned out. I hope when you read Daughter of Smoke and Bone you enjoy it as much as I did. I waited so long to read it which I find now to have been a big mistake. It's so good!
      I don't think I've ever had character illustrations in a book I've read. Maybe... one book but I can't remember which one. It's different and I like it too.
      Yes! I'm so excited to reach my 18 hour goal. I might bump it up to 24 hours if I reach it sooner than I thought. Thanks for the encouragement (:

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you're doing great with your reading goals!! Keep uo the great work. I've set th bar low this round of Bout of Books. I've finished Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote and am now halfway through The Son by Philipp Meyer.

    Plus have had fun with the a few of the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Is Breakfast at Tiffany's any good? I thought the movie was alright but I expect the book to be even better. I'm glad you are able to read and have fun this Bout of Books (:

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are doing an awesome job! If a book keeps me up reading til the wee hours- I know it is good. Otherwise I get tired after about 30 or 45 minutes and fall asleep. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I didn't get tired all the way. Last night was the only night where I couldn't get myself to read late. I was just too tired... But, usually if I'm in a book world nothing - not even sleep can stop me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top