Bout of Books 11.0 Day 2: Challenges

Challenge #3: One True Pairing

Image obtained from Saturday Night Writing
The third challenge I'm participating in is discussing my One True Pairing with all of you happening at Infinite Ink.

An OTP I have discovered is a One True Pairing. I've heard the term OTP but never knew what it was until today. I have a strange surge to talk about some of the wonderful romances I've come across in my years of reading. I don't think I've met a pairing that didn't get together that I loved more than the actual pairing. 

Some people apparently like to pair two people who aren't canon which means it didn't happen in the original story. For example: Some people thought Harry and Hermione should be together. It's not canon because those two didn't end up together. I'm writing this down because I want to have it somewhere where I can remember it since I've always seen it around but never figured out what all this means. 

I was going to use Juliet and another character from the Shatter Me series to represent my OTP. I also thought of Clara and another character but I figured with both picks I would have to put up spoiler warnings everything. So I decided to pick two characters from the book I just read. Karou and Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

These two! They just have the craziest relationship. And you don't even figure out (at least I didn't) what's happening between them until the last chapters. Their growing relationship was built on curiosity and tenderness. I just love the way Akiva looks at her like he knows that she's the one. From the beginning they were drawn to each other. Karou's kindness bridging a gap between her kind and his. It just makes me so happy to see them together. I don't get super giddy with this couple like I usually do. I feel a calm happiness towards their love because it's like I already know they belong together. Their love is so natural. But, almost everyone is against them. They just don't understand them together. Such sad star-crossed lovers. *Sigh*

I know I wrote only a small amount but this is only book one! And this is how I feel about them. They are so right together. If it doesn't work out I think I'm going to cry! 

Challenge #4: Book Spine Poetry



The fourth challenge I am participating in is a Book Spine Poetry over at My Little Pocketbooks. I am creating a poem with at least 3 books. For each book I can add one extra word that's not on the spines of the books.


Desires of the dead
Echo in time
Searching for the end;
Sweet bliss

It's not the worst poem in the world. I kind of like it even if it's kind of morbid. 

Comments

  1. I never like Karou with Akiva - he just drove me nuts!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I hope he doesn't get more annoying as the series goes on ):
      I think he's sweet right now.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Karou and Akiva, their relationship is soo complicated though. Just thinking about it drives me crazy (I'm reading Dreams of Gods and Monsters so this one really hit home).

    I love your poem! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it's super complicated but star-crossed lovers... *whiny voice* I love when the romance had two people who aren't "allowed" to be together. It makes it more satisfying when they get together. I hope you are liking Dreams of Gods and Monsters!

      Thank you (:

      Delete
  3. Your poem actually turned out quite amazing. Very creative! Good luck Read-A-Thonning this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I think it came out pretty good (:

      Have a great read-a-thon week too.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Daugher of Smoke and Bone yet, but I will keep an eye on your OTP. haha. Thanks for sharing. Have a great Bout of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great Bout of Books too! I've been able to find a couple of great OTP's (relationships and books) because of this challenge which I'm super excited about.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top