Bout of Books 11.0 Day 1: Reading Update


Hey guys! The first day of Bout of Books has been pretty great. I finished City of Lies by Lian Tanner early in the morning. I was so busy the whole day with volunteering, blogging, and forcing myself to exercise that I've only gotten up to page 24 on my next book. I chose at random from my TBR Jar and picked Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. So far it shows promise.
"Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.
In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grows dangerously low.
And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.
Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real, she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands", she speaks many languages - not all of them human - and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.
When beautiful, haunted Akiva fixes fiery eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?"
I already have questions because it seems like Karou does know things that other people don't. How does she not know who she is? I don't even know yet. I'm still like in the very beginning so I'm happy that this book is already getting my mind going.

The Book Stats:

Note: The stats for today might change if I decide to read later on. They will be changed on the next update. This is something that will be applied to each update except the final one.

Currently Reading: The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Pages: 24
Time: 28 min.

Monday, August 18th
Books Read: The City of Lies by Lian Tanner 
Pages Read: 302 pgs.
Time Read: 2 hrs. 55 min.

Total Stats
Books Read: 1
Pages Read: 302 pgs.
Time Read: 3 hrs. 23 min.

Number of Hours to Reach Goal: 14 hrs. 37 min.

Comments

  1. A good start! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can barely read a book a week and I do this mostly for research or advice. I hope you enjoy the challenge and don't mind me stealing your "TBR jar" idea. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually took the idea of a TBR Jar from another blogger on tumblr so we are both thieves (;
      I haven't been reading consistently in forever so if I'm able to read at least two books this week I'll be happy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top