Paranormalcy by Kiersten White


Evie has lived all of her life lost. Half of it spent in the foster system after being found wondering around naked as a toddler. The other half as a sort of secret weapon for the IPCA (International Paranormal Containment Agency). Her best friend is a mermaid who whenever curses is translated into Bleep! A sort of adopted mother by her named Raquel who is a workaholic and expert sigher. And finally the biggest problem of all: a former ex named Reth who wants to steal her soul. She is one of a kind. She is the reason the paranormal agency went international. She can see through glamours. She can see the corpse underneath Vampires, the yellow eyes of werewolves, and then there is Lend who know no really knows what he is just that he can shape into anyone he wants and his true form is like water. When he comes around she starts wonder if the bagging and tagging of paranormals is right. And if the IPCA is her home or a prison.

WOW. THIS BOOK IS UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING! First two pages and then I was hooked. I already knew this was a five star book. I even gave it to a friend to borrow to share the love. The next line is what made me instantly conclude that this book was five stars. Don't judge me now.

"Tasers are one-size-fits-all paranormal butt-kicking option. Mine's pink with rhinestones. Tasey and I have had a lot of good times together"

It's hilarious. Trust me. She's not what I expected at all (seems to be a recurring theme in the books I read...) because the cover and her don't match. She looks all serious but she's just a teenage girl who just wants to be normal and you saw the tasey line. She's spunky. I have another quote but as I am an awesome friend the quote is stuck in the book. So I'll have to post that later and it'll be posted at the end of this review. It's an awesome quote.

*swoon* Lend. He. Is. Perfect. Everything you could wish for in a guy. Evie and him together are almost perfect... (Him and me would be PERFECT together) *coughs* Um... yeah. Well he can change into anyone and the one he usually picks? That hot guy with olive skin? He has an amazing power... But I wouldn't mind him being himself. He sort of spoke in riddles for me in the beginning and really intrigued me. I would be creeped out like Evie if he turned into me. I'd be so self-conscious.

Raquel. Why couldn't you just LISTEN! I hate when adults are just naive. She warned you! Reth is no good. He really creeped me out even with the first description. He's really narrow? What the..? And the things revealed from there just kept me so engaged... well more like obsessed. This book will grab you and hurt you because then you have to wait to get the other one like me (17 people ahead of me in the library!) and then there is another one. But mainly is how much you fall in love with Evie. She's so kick-ass. I loved her. Her personality. Her story. BEYOND AWESOME! YOU HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK!

There might be a movie!

Update! The quote I was talking about:
"Tell you what," he said, noticing my stare. "I know you can't get a license, but I might be able to do something better."
"What?"
He smiled. "How would you like to come to school with me tomorrow and see a  real, live locker?" 
I'm pretty sure I squealed. 

Comments

back to top