Break by Hannah Moskowitz


Jonah loves his brothers so much. His brother Jesse is allergic to everything! Well almost everything. He can't even go near milk or he'll get a reaction and if he even touches it... he won't be able to breathe in about a minute. And he's always messing up with him. Will was just born a year ago and what does that mean? He can hardly ever go into his house. He can't even really hug his mother while she's breastfeeding. And Will? The baby who hasn't stopped crying for 8 months? Well he's a hazard too but Jesse picks him up anyway. He's always worrying about Jesse the jock who's ripped, four inches taller than him even though he's younger, and plays like three sports. He's a machine but then it's his weakness Jonah is really worried about.

His parents shouldn't even be married but they just stay together because of Jesse really and end up with Will. Jonah has a little recreational activity that you'll find out in the first pages. It took me awhile to get over this nausea feeling but then I read on hopeful it wouldn't be as bad for me to read it. It wasn't. Well he likes to break his bones. He wants to break all of them. It didn't start that way but now he needs to be stronger because bones grow stronger when they break so he just does it. And there is his best best friend Naomi there encouraging him. Even when he wants to stop she convinces him not to. Yeah.. I really despise her. His brother doesn't say anything either which is really messed up too.

I didn't like this book. I thought it would completely different. I think I was thinking about Bruiser when reading this book. I don't know all I know is that it wasn't good for me. The not girlfriend thing was cute until they started licking each other or whatever it is that they did. He loved her. Aw. Then BAM! I really don't want to read about that. The end got really weird and just plain confusing. All that breaking from the others? That was messed up. Naomi has issues and the end was just so ridiculous! Really!? I really hated Naomi. And I didn't have much love for Jonah either. He was cool when he was being all big brothery and overprotective but... the characters and the relationships here... it just wasn't good. The parents didn't even seem to really care about what he was doing. I didn't fell that much emotion coming from them. It just turned for the worse at the end and didn't do anything for me. It wasn't good. I don't recommend it at all.

Comments

back to top