|Artist: Dor Cohen|
I am participating in the 5 book challenge/Post-Apocalyptic Challenge over at Falling Down the Book Hole. The goal is to pick 5 books you would bring with you if aliens were invading. Here is the scenario:
"It is 11:00 PM on a Sunday night. You are laying in bed thinking about all of the things you must do the next day. Tasks of the coming days consume your thoughts and while your mind is somewhere else you are caught off guard by a flash in the sky that is followed by a large wailing screech that pierces the air and shatters your bedroom window. Slowly you move to the window and what you see catches your breathe and causes you to stumble back a few steps. The aliens (at least you think they are aliens) have began to enter the city and destroy everything that is in their path. Through the window your view is consumed with destruction, screaming people and large flames that are dancing across the city at a fast pace. You notice that the creatures are heading in your direction and you realize you probably have about fifteen minutes before they reach your home. That means you have only about ten minutes to gather your belongings and escape before you are caught in the attack from the aliens invading the city.
1. War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells: I thought of this after I saw aliens were invading. This is the only alien book that I know of that might help me decide what to do.
2. A Week in the Woods by Andrew Clements: One of my favorite books. It has to do with nature somewhat so while I'm out trying to survive in possibly the woods? I'll have this book to make me happy.
3. My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George: A book about a boy living in the woods. I remember it explains some survival tactics throughout the book which is great. Plus I love this book so it's a win win.
4. Hatchet by Gary Paulson: Another survival book that I love. The title alone will remind me to bring a large sharp weapon because they are very useful when trying to make fires and possibly taking down aliens.
5. How Not to be Popular by Jennifer Zieglar: I need to have a book that gets me away from everything and this is that book.
2-5 are favorites or books I really love so I feel like I picked the right books for my alien invasion survival kit.
What books would you take if their was an alien invasion?