First Quarter Reading Stats + Future Plans

My goal in 2023 is to read 100 books. In the first quarter, I only read 15 books. I haven't been stressed about my reading but I still want to hurry up. Before we get into my future plans to do just that here are some stats on my first quarter reading:


From January - March I've Read

4,138 pages

4 Fantasy books

3 Mysteries

2 Romances

1 Realistic Fiction

2 Horrors

1 Classic

1 Nonfiction 

2 Graphic Novels

2 Manga

11 physical books

3 audiobooks

1 ebook

15 total books


2023 Reading Goals

A Disney Princess Controls My Life - 4 books

Horror Genre Focus - 1 (adult) book

Mystery Genre Focus - 2 (adult) books

Middle Grade Genre Focus - 5 books

Side Quest Adult Romance - N/A

Foodies Read Challenge - 2 books

Around the World - 1 book


As far as my reading goal of 100 books, page goal of 20,000 pages, and overall genre goals go... it's not been going great. I've had a lot going on at work that I can't focus on anything those days. I've got a lot to do and not that much time to do it. However, I've recently discovered Colby Sharp, a 5th-grade teacher in Michigan on Youtube. His love of reading and seeing what his kids read has reignited something in me so much so that I do want to continue my genre goals but I want to have a whole new goal added in there too. 

I want to read 100 children's books.

I read about 100 or so picture books in general because of my job but I haven't given myself time to sit down with a lot of kids' books. I can't recommend a book at the drop of the hat and I will still have trouble unless I compile a list like I want to and have them all in a binder by category. Basically, I want to level up my librarian game.

So my blogging is going to still have adult books and my Disney Princess Controls my Life series, but I'll have short wrap-ups of kid lit and all the book reviews I am behind on. I'll have individual reviews when I can. 

I'm excited to finally focus on children's literature once again (not just picture books) so I can be a recommending machine. I think my plan to read so many children's books will allow me to get that reading bug again and make reading adult books a more natural thing for me to do. 

How has your reading been going so far this year?

Any plan changes or upcoming books you are excited about?

Comments

back to top