#FitReaders Check-In: February 25th, 2023


I told myself I would make a significant change in my fitness/health goals in two weeks because I wasn't doing well with my February goals. I felt like I was slightly more intuned after keeping that mindset but I lacked in a lot of areas. 

Let's see if I made any of my goals:

February Goals

  • Improve squat form (Less weight, more depth, widen stance while squatting)
  • Squat 105 lbs
  • Drink 24 oz of water (17/28)
  • Cook 5 meals (6/5)
  • Lift at least 5 days (1/5)
  • Exercise a total of 12 days (8/12)
  • Walk 6,500 steps a day (12/28)

So did I make a significant change in two weeks?

  • I went from drinking 24 oz of water 5 times to 17 which is a 12-day difference.
  • I did not squat 105 lbs and I am not going to by the end of the month.
  • I went from cooking 3 meals to 6 which means I surpassed my goal. 
  • I lifted 0 days two weeks ago and I am now only at 1 day.
  • I've exercised a total of 8 days compared to only 2.
  • I've walked 6,500 steps a day 12 times compared to 4.

In some areas, I think I've at least seen a good change and in others, I am not focused enough. I don't think my plan of attack is there at all. I've been rereading Atomic Habits and I can tell that having a goal and not a system for my fitness goals isn't helping me. So I know it's not March yet but we are almost there. I will set some March systems and goals to improve my chances. My ultimate goal is to have a healthy lifestyle so that isn't going to happen overnight. Trial and error and all that so here are my plans for March:

March Goals

  • Stronglifts 5 x 5 routine for at least 5 days
    • I will write down notes in my lifting journal before and after every lifting session
    • I will lift at 2:00 p.m. on my days off
    • I will watch videos of my favorite lifters on the days leading up to a lifting day
    • Squat 105 lbs
    • Bench 35 lbs
    • Deadlift 60 lbs
    • Shoulder Press 35 lbs
  • Log in my set calorie amount in MyFitness Pal every day
    • Add three snacks/food items to your day
  • Exercise a total of 12 days
    • I will plan out my morning exercise videos in advance
  • Drink 32 oz of water at least 23 out of the 31 days
    • I will drink a cup of water when I work out in the morning and evening
  • Cook 8 meals 
    • I will plan my meals before the month starts including what days I will be cooking
  • Walk 6,500 steps a day (I am not going up in steps this month since I didn't do too well with my step goals)
    • I will exercise first thing in the morning which will increase my step count for the day.
    • I will walk at least 250 steps from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. every day.
    • I will do light exercise at 9:30 p.m. before going to bed.

Getting into a routine of lifting again is something I thought I had in January but knowing I would mainly be focusing on form in February meant that I wasn't going to try to go up in weight as much as I wanted to. That kills the fun. I also got in my head about not eating enough which meant at a certain point I couldn't go up in weight so that's why I added the MyFitness Pal goal for March. I still haven't added any healthy eating goals yet but logging in my calories is my first step.

I don't want to get obsessive about counting calories so I will be doing it all at night after working out and whatever I am missing I'll eat right then and there.

The lifting journal should help and specifically trying the Stronglists 5 x 5 program again will make sure I have a more well-rounded workout rather than focusing solely on squats. 

I said I would plan my exercise videos in the morning prior to doing them so here they are:

Workout Plans

Wednesday, March 1st - Saturday, March 4th
Heather Robertson - DAY 2 // Leg Day Strength & Power HR12WEEK 3.0
Kyra Pro - BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WORKOUT (Disney Home Workout)
Heather Robertson - DAY 3 // Upper Body Sculpt HR12WEEK 3.0
Heather Robertson - DAY 5 // Core + Full Body Mobility HR12WEEK 3.0

Sunday, March 5th - Saturday, March 11th
Kyra Pro - MOANA vs LILO AND STITCH WALKING WORKOUT (Low Impact)
Heather Robertson - DAY 6 // Total Arm Toning Workout HR12WEEK 3.0
Heather Robertson - DAY 9 // Full Body MetCon HR12WEEK 3.0
Heather Robertson - DAY 10 // Toned Thighs + Hip Mobility HR12WEEK 3.0
Kyra Pro - 15 MIN DISNEY WALKING WORKOUT (Low Impact)
Heather Robertson - DAY 12 // Chest & Back Supersets HR12WEEK 3.0
Heather Robertson - DAY 13 // Unilateral Leg & Glute Strength HR12WEEK 3.0

Sunday, March 12th - Saturday, March 18th
Kyra Pro - DISNEY DANCE WORKOUT: Mulan Edition
Heather Robertson - DAY 14 // Total Body METCON HR12WEEK 3.0
growwithjo - Encanto Dance Workout
Heather Robertson - DAY 16 // Lower Body METCON HR12WEEK 3.0
Kyra Pro - DISNEY DANCE WORKOUT: Princess Edition
Heather Robertson - DAY 17 // Unilateral Arm Strength HR12WEEK 3.0
MadFit - 12 MIN KPOP DANCE WORKOUT

Sunday, March 19th - Saturday, March 25th
Heather Robertson - DAY 21 // Upper Body MetCon HR12WEEK 3.0
Maria Antonieta Garcia Delgado - Clase de baile 30 minutos sin parar (18 minutes)
Heather Robertson - DAY 23 // Lower Body Strength HR12WEEK 3.0
Maria Antonieta Garcia Delgado - Clase de baile 30 minutos sin parar (16 minutes)
Heather Robertson - DAY 24 // Back Strength Workout HR12WEEK 3.0
Maria Antonieta Garcia Delgado - Clase de baile 30 minutos sin parar

Sunday, March 26th - Friday, March 31st
Kyra Pro - DISNEY DANCE WORKOUT: Mulan Edition
Heather Robertson - Day 25 // No Repeats MetCon HR12WEEK 3.0
Heather Robertson - DAY 26 // Full Body Workout HR12WEEK 3.0
Heather Robertson - DAY 28 // Lower Body MetCon HR12WEEK 3.0
Kyra Pro - MOANA vs LILO AND STITCH WALKING WORKOUT (Low Impact)
Heather Robertson - DAY 29 // Shoulder Sculpting Workout HR12WEEK 3.0
Heather Robertson - DAY 30 // Full Body METCON HR12WEEK 3.0

This is my best-case scenario. I put in some dance workouts on my day off because I plan on lifting those days. I would love to lift March 2nd, 5th, 9th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th or 19th, 23rd, 26th, and 30th. I have about 10 to 11 days to reach my lifting goal of 5 days so I just need to make the effort.

Meal Plans

I will lastly plan out my meals. I am counting two Disney Princess Controls My Life foods. The other two are a little too much of a dessert to count.

I'll be making meals on:

Sundays: March 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th (These will most likely be my Disney Days/more difficult recipes)

-Cheese Souffle & the Grey Stuff (Belle)
-Witch's Spell Cakes & Scottish Crumpets (Merida)

Wednesdays: March 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th (easy meals)

-Omelets
-French Toast
-Spinach & Feta Tortellini
-Spaghetti

I cooked some egg-heavy recipes this month and plan on continuing on that track in March while adding potatoes into the mix. I also want to try a lentil and a pasta recipe. Please keep in mind that I don't cook so I am going for easy meals. Also, I am a pescatarian so when you start seeing a bunch of fish and bean recipes you know I am really going for it cooking-wise.
 
I am counting on my more detailed plans to help me reach my health and fitness goals. Wish me luck!

How has your February fitness been treating you?

Comments

back to top