Favorite Books of 2022

In 2022 I read 77 books. It was a year of audiobooks, middle grade, manga, and rereads. It wasn't the most exciting reading year since it felt like I put it on the back burner. However, there are a few standouts that I wanted to share that filled me with joy throughout the reading year. I gave some honorable mentions as well. Let me know if you've read any of the books below before.



The Skyborn Series by Jessica Khoury - I started and finished this middle-grade series about unlikely heroes and a world of corruption. Fantastic series that you can hear me talk more about here.

Himawari House by Harmony Becker- A coming-of-age graphic novel that has the best character story arcs. Read more about my thoughts here.

She Gets the Girl by Rachael Lippincott and Alyson Derrick- The best tripe of unlikely romance that absolutely warmed my heart that I'll gush about it forever. Read during a 24 hour readathon. See my thoughts here.

Finlay Donovan Knocks Em' Dead by Elle Cosimano - A sequel to a series I'm growing to love more and more each year. Read more of my thoughts here.

Cece Rios and the Desert of Souls by Kaela Rivera - I never wrote about this book on my blog but it was an unexpected favorite. I loved the concept of the criaturas and how Cece was pushed down by society but was a hero because of her "soft" heart at the end of the day.

A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn - Fell in love with Veronica and Stoker while vacationing in Colorado (took my first plane ride). Read more of my thoughts here.

The Bookshop of Dust and Dreams by Mindy Thompson - Another surprise favorite. The magical bookshop, good vs. evil, consequences of time travel, and the protagonist's storyline. Truly an amazing read that I reviewed here.



Now on to honorable mentions...


The Magical Reality of Nadia by Bassem Youssef and Catherine R. Daly

Witchlings by Claribel A. Ortega

Bone Crier's Dawn by Kathryn Purdie


Half a Soul by Olivia Atwater

Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree


What are some of your favorites of 2022?

Comments

back to top