Mindful Ramblings 007

Image by Svitlana

I've had such a nice change with my reading. Even if I read a little everyday, at least I am reading everyday. I'm reading a lot more challenge books and enjoying reading more lately. I do sometimes force myself to read a certain amount of pages of a book even if I'm not in the mood because I know I'll get into it later. I just need to get started.

I walked 48, 944 steps last week which is better than the week prior so I'm happy. I've been walking a little bit more on my lazy days so that's helped. I need to do the same this week so I'll reach my goal of 56,000 steps per week. I only ran one time last week. I'll have to make it a priority to run more sessions this week if I want to make it to 5k by my race day (that I've officially signed up for) on June 12th. I'm going to finally start Caroline Girvan's EPIC 1 this week. I've been dragging my feet getting back into it but I know I'll regret it later if I keep taking so long to get started.

Last week I read one Spanish reader (Cantante Súper Estrella), a reread (The Unexpected Everything), a poetry collection (Mustard, Milk, and Gin), and a graphic novel (Something Is Killing the Children). I have such a hard time with new Spanish words. Of course, I would duh... It's difficult forcing myself to look up words and I get tangled up in the actual Spanish reading but I like that I am actually making process in reading and learning Spanish finally. I loved rereading The Unexpected Everything. One of my favorites. I think it's fantastically written. That ending always gets me. I have to read the ending multiple times because I love it so much. I'm finally done with my poetry book experiment and it'll be interesting going over some poems again in order to do my review. I read Something is Killing the Children which felt very Stranger Things. I'll have to read the next book because it left off on a cliffhanger.

Next up I'm reading Whispers in the Dark by Laurel Hightower. I've started this for a readathon I am doing and it's really good. I thought I would read Crossroads by the same author and Allison by Jeff Strand but it doesn't look like I'll be able to do it especially since it's Mother's Day. I'm not sure if I'll just continue on with them for the week or not. I started Ways to Grow Love which is taking me longer than expected. I think it's because each chapter doesn't feel sequential. I'm also reading Los Tipos Malos which I am stumbling over reading. It's going to take longer than expected as well. In addition I am reading Woman Hollering Creek which is a really good short story collection. Like one of those stories is haunting. Lastly, I'm reading The Invisible Girl for the mother daughter book club. I just started but it goes by very quickly. It really sucks you in. So lots of books I am in between right now.



This week I am planning on writing about my 72Frightathon readathon experience, a review of ParaNorthern, and my thoughts on my poetry reading experiment. Last week I mindfully rambled, discussed my weekend reading experiment, wrote a review of my mother delighter book club book Instant Karma, and reviewed an ARC for Rescue at Lake Wild.

I'll also be participating in Bout of Books 31 from May 10th - May 16th!

The Bout of Books readathon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It’s a weeklong readathon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 10th and runs through Sunday, May 16th in YOUR time zone. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are reading sprints, Twitter chats, and exclusive Instagram challenges, but they’re all completely optional. For all Bout of Books 31 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
I haven't done a Bout of Books readathon in a minute so I'm excited to do another one. My goal is to read 1,000 pages. 

This week the artist I am featuring does character designs. Juan Useche has lots of cool characters that he creates. I can definitely see him doing something with Pixar. 
Are you joining the Bout of Books readathon?

Comments

  1. That's a really good amount of steps! My step count has been down lately, but hopefully I can get in some long walks this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top