Quarterly Reading Stats // A Strange Array of Books

Image by fotografierende

This is probably the first year that I want to use my quarterly stats to sway what books I am going to read for the next quarter. I love reading stats and organizing them but I think I always have plans at the beginning of the year and forget them. But this year I want to be more intentional in order to achieve my reading challenge goals. I'll of course mood read too.

This past quarter my reading started off really well but March was a month of anxiousness. I've been slowly trying to make my way back to reading regularly but I also think it's good to take a break from reading when you don't feel like it. It's a hobby, not a chore.

I read 19 books from January - March.




My reading is all over the place. But it feels very me. 


I usually post my star rating chart but I haven't been tracking it on my own. Right now I am sitting on a 3.87 average rating according to The StoryGraph. 

My goal this year is to read at least 40% Adult and less than 40% YA books. So far I am nailing it. I didn't have to try. I have been into more adult reads this year.


I have several genre challenges set for myself this year. I feel like I've done pretty good job in maintaining a balance of different genres. Contemporary fiction being #1 is no surprise. Science fiction being higher up there is. I found out Remote Control is marketed more as science fiction so that's probably why it's a little ahead of others.


  • Café con Leche Reading Challenge - 0/6 
Abysmal performance truly like a lot of other challenges here. I want to read 3 next quarter.

I'm thinking of reading:
Once Upon a Quinceañera by Monica Gomez-Hira

  • Get Back to Your Culture Reading Challenge - 0/6
Sigh... I need to read some books in Spanish already. I'm planning on reading 3 next quarter.

  • Foodies Read - 2/5
Pretty good so far. I'll read 1 next quarter.

I'm thinking of reading:
A Place at the Table by Saadia Faruqi & Laura Shovan

  • Read That Series! - 1/4 series
Technically read 1 book out of a series I decided not to continue on but I'm counting it. I'll get to 1 series next quarter.

I'm thinking of reading:

  • Read My Shelf - 2/5
Not bad! The His Fair Assassin Trilogy counts as three books on my shelf so if I complete those then this challenge is completed.

  • Knowledge for Your Noggin' - 2/12
I might change the goal to a smaller amount in the future but for now I want to read 4 books next quarter. Not sure what to read yet.

  • Spooky Scary Reading Challenge - 2/4
Great progress! I definitely want to read more horror. I just got to find the right one. I'll try to read 1 next quarter.

  • Beam Me Up - 3/4
Basically done with this sci-fi challenge. There are a couple I want to get to but I don't have to read them anytime soon.

  • Heroes & Villains - 0/4
I'm really bad at picking up adult fantasy. I don't know what it is. I'm not sure what I want to read next but I'd like to read at least 1 book.

  • Bookish Detective Agency - 2/4
I'm doing great with mysteries. Wish I'd give thrillers a shot but it's okay. If I read 1 book next quarter I'll be happy.

  • Operation Deepen Faith - 4/120 Days
I am so behind! I haven't gotten myself in a routine to read the Bible but I think this post helped me to realize that I need to step it up.


I want to read at least 35% male authors. I am not too focused on it right now. I think I'll get more focused on it when I've completed some challenges. 


This chart represents the amount of books with characters who are the minority of the population in the U.S. including those that have disabilities and are neurodiverse. I want to have my yes portion of books with minorities to be at 43% which means a little bit of an improvement over last year. I'm thinking if I take a look at my reading plans once a week I can make sure this is a more balanced chart. I have a lot of books I want to read. I feel like sometimes my reading choices are all over the place so I want to be more intentional especially with reading Hispanic characters.


My top favorites this quarter are all contemporaries. Let's Call it a Doomsday's main character resonated me with me so much. Her anxiety and religious beliefs coupled with a very different plot than the usual made this a memorable read. The Lager Queen of Minnesota was like going on a very long journey from the beginning to close near the end of the characters lives. Really loved how everything tied together and learning about how to make beer. The Many Mysteries of the Finkel Family just stood out to me. I liked that the focus was more on the family then the mystery. I really liked both sisters who had autism and  seeing life through their perspectives.

How has your reading been going this year?

Comments

  1. You're doing a great job on your reading. You still have plenty of time to hit some of these other goals and challenges. I'm doing well with my goals for the year. I've been reading as many books that I already own as I can, and that's been nice.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm terrible at reading my own books. I don't have too many unread of my own so that's good. I'm sure you'll be able to complete all of your goals. I know you read so much (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top