#FitReaders 2020 Goals

#FitReaders is hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and That’s What I’m Talking About. FitReaders is a group of readers who support each other in their fitness progress. The best place to catch them would be the Facebook Group and Twitter under the #FitReaders hashtag. Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog will be doing monthly reminders to join each month and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About will be doing weekly check-ins on her blog. 
It's been a while. I used to be very consistent with this group way back when but with a lot of life changes - mainly career, work, and school, I've slacked off. That has translated to my fitness where I have been off and on being consistent as well. So here I am committing to be more fitness-oriented starting this month. This post will focus on my goals for this year, where I would like to see myself at the end of the year, and how I plan to get there. I still have more changes to come like finally finishing school (I'm earning my Master's Degree at the end of July) and moving out sometime this month. No more school means more freedom after work and on my days off. Moving out into a neighborhood that I don't know might be a problem especially since I am not used to the crowded area. Here's the plan:

Goals for the Year:

  1. Consistent exercise every week.
  2. Drinking at least four glasses of water each day.
  3. Run a mile without stopping. 
  4. Run a virtual 5k.
  5. Being able to do one full pushup.

Goals for the month:

  1. Walking at least 15 minutes twice a week.
  2. Track my daily water consumption.
  3. Running/Walking routine once a week.
  4. 15-minute strength routine twice a week.
  5. Try a workout video once this month.

How I will achieve my monthly goals:

I will be walking after work with my dog for the time being for at least l5 minutes after work. Once I move I will either be doing the same thing (I will live about 15 to 20 minutes from my parent's house) or going around my neighborhood for 15 minutes (depends on if I feel comfortable going by myself or if I can get my brother to come with me).

I'll be tracking my daily water consumption after dinner on a draft of my weekly #FitReaders post. I will warn you, I've gone significantly down in my water intake to where it's lucky if I drink just one glass of water (I usually drink more juice or almond milk than water). I foresee this forcing me to drink more water which is why I want to track it.

On one of my days off, I plan to go back to the Couch Potato to 5k that ignited my love of running. I plan to do the Week 1 plan throughout the month which is to do a 5-minute walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

I'm planning a 15-minute workout routine which includes alternative pushups, bicep curls, tricep extensions, overhead presses, squats, and crunches. It'll be basically two sets of 10 for each exercise or two sets of 60-second intervals depending on the type of exercise.

I'm planning on trying either Chloe Ting's workout videos since I've done them before and I've enjoyed them or Yoga with Adriene whose workouts I've done once before and found relaxing.

I'm so excited to get started! I've been wanting to startup new skills and old ones for a long time and with school finishing, after 22+ combined years of going to school, I feel a weight coming off my shoulder. I hope you will enjoy following my fitness progress and I'd love to read about yours too so let me know about them in the comments each Friday.

What are your exercise goals for the rest of this year?

Comments

  1. Good luck with your fitness goals! I try to walk most days of the week. I'd love to run a 5k, but I'm not sure I'm a runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals. I need to drink more water. I was doing great for a while, but over the last few months I haven't been drinking as much. 4 sounds like a good goal to me. Good luck!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top