My 2019 O.W.L.'s. Magical Readathon TBR

Image by Artem Maltsev

The Magical Readathon is a readathon that'll determine which career path you'll be going toward after your time in Hogwarts. The host, Book Roast, has said that you can take it at anytime or not if you want to do the N.E.W.T.'s readathon in August. Since I'm a stickler for rules - I'm going to be taking my O.W.L.'s this July. 

Now, I don't want to limit myself to this tbr list, so I'll be giving myself several options per category. The thing is that I don't know what career I want to go for. There are several options I would want to be including an Astronomer, a Broom Maker, a Herbologist, or a Librarian. Since I don't want to limit my reading, I guess I'll just find my career out at the end of the month.

  • To become an Astronomer I need to take my O.W.L.'s in Arithmancy, Astronomy, and History of Magic.
  • To become a Broom Maker I need to take my O.W.L.'s in Arithmancy, Charms, Herbology, and Muggle studies. 
  • To become a Herbologist I need to take my O.W.L.'s in Care of Magical Creatures, Herbology, and Potions. 
  • To become a Librarian I need to take my O.W.L.'s in Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Defence Against the Dark Arts, History of Magic, and Transfiguration.
Note: I have to pass nine exams to get an Outstanding. I'll try but can't promise anything.

Ancient Runes
Read a retelling.




Arithmancy 
Read a work written by more than one author.



Astronomy
Read a book with a star in the title.



Care of Magical Creatures
Read a book with a land animal on the cover.



Charms
Read an adult work.



Defense Against the Dark Arts
Read a book starting with an R.




Divination
Read a book set in the future.



Herbology
Read a book with a plant on the cover.




History of Magic
Read a book published at least ten years ago.



Muggle Studies
Read a contemporary book.



Potions
Read a sequel.



Transfiguration
Read a book with sprayed edges or a red cover.



Do you have any suggestions for my class reads?
Have you joined in or plan on joining in the O.W.L.'s and/or N.E.W.T. exams?

Comments

  1. This sounds so complicated but so fun! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear... I could NOT finish Lady Susan - it was just... boring. Not up to any of her other works at all. Can I suggest something else? How about something written over 100 years ago? Like the novella Charlotte Perkins Gilman's "Herland" Here's my review: https://tcl-bookreviews.com/2017/02/19/feminist-stories-from-the-past/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top