May 2019 TBR + Link-Up

Image by Toa Heftiba

It's May! This May TBR includes a link-up for the Pick-a-Theme | 2019 Challenge hosted here @ She's Got Books On Her Mind. At the end of this post you can find a place to link-up to any reviews, discussions, and the like surrounding the theme you chose for May. You'll also find a link for the March link-up for the Royal Reading Challenge. I've added a few books you might enjoy for each challenge that I've discovered around Goodreads/the library that'll fit the theme.

I started my new job this month. The Spring semester is finally over. I don't know how I took three classes. I'm happy that I'm taking two this Summer. It actually starts in two weeks so I have time to relax and declutter. I'm planning on going with the flow with most of the books I'm reading. I want to read whatever, whenever (🎵We're meant to be together, I'll be there and you'll be near, And that's the deal my dear 😂). I do have to read some of them in order for a challenge on Goodreads but that's the end of me planning for challenges on Goodreads. It makes reading feel bleh.

My theme this month focuses on something I need to go through since I plan on moving out next year or the year after. My theme is...


I do want to move out soon and I've discovered through decluttering and removing books to donate that I still have around forty plus books I haven't read on my shelves and I need to decide if I want to keep them or not. I will be going to a smaller place (most likely living with my brother) and even though my room is small now that room is smaller. I could keep all these books however, I do want a desk in my room. I've never had one and I just want to feel like a grown up, okay? I think throughout this year and the next I'll be scrutinizing my shelves. So my goal is to read/reread books on my shelves I haven't read/I'm not sure about. I'll be reading two books from my shelves. Two that I'm pretty excited to read thankfully. 


I only got about fifty pages in The Magicians last month so I'm planning on finishing it in May. The characters are completely different in my head since the TV series has greatly influenced my perceptions of them like how they are all in high school going to college and Dean Fogg has blonde hair. I can't get that deep baritone of the Dean from the TV show out of my head. It's a good start to the story otherwise.

Emma in the Night is my first theme read. I got this in a monthly book description service a while back and have been meaning to read it. Two missing sisters and then years later one comes back sounds up my alley. I'm always up for a mystery.

Perfect Little World is my second theme read that I got in the same monthly book description box. It's set in a complex with Utopian ideals that goes wrong. It sounds strange and I'm down for a book messing with my head.

Peaches was a book I had planned to read last month but didn't get to it. It's a summer read with sisters and romance. It's getting close to the summer (it already feels like it) so I had to try to get to it again this month.


Small Town Hearts is a book I've been anticipating reading in 2019. It has a small town, food, and romance. A perfect book just for me!

Impossible Music is a book I had on my to-read list, took it off after reading some reviews, and put back on. I'm really curious if I'll like this book. I'm going into it with positive vibes and hoping for the best since I enjoy books with deaf characters and want to read more with them. This is an ARC too so I'll let you know my thoughts before it comes out in July.

Losing Leah was another book I planned on reading last month. It's another sister mystery story that I think I'll enjoy.

Death on Tap is the last book I wanted to read last month. It might be the one I'm most excited about to. It's a cozy mystery that just sounds like mindless fun. I need a book sometimes that I know I'll love before getting into and this is that one.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!




What are you planning on reading this May?
I've been discovering so many new books lately. Have you discovered any interesting books?

Comments

  1. Congrats on the new job! Enjoy your little break before school starts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new theme! I should give it a try. I have a decent amount of books I own and haven't read yet. I hope you are enjoying your new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many that I've had on there for years. I read one a few months or maybe eve a year back that I ended up enjoying. I had that book in my possession since I was in elementary... I am enjoying it thanks! I want to get so much done but I need to pace myself. Thank you (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top