The 12 Days of Books Read-a-thon


The 12 Days of Books Read-a-thon is a 12 day reading challenge from December 13th - December 24th @She's Got Books On Her Mind

The challenge consists of two goals. The first goal is to consistently read every day for 12 days straight, whether it be 1 page or 1,000 pages.

The second goal is to read books with a theme. Any theme will do. For example: Books you want to finish by the end of the year, Christmas reads, picture books, horror, family, whatever you like. 

There are optional mini challenges you can join along with which are listed in the picture below.



You may link back your sign up post, TBR list, reviews, and wrap-ups via twitter, Goodreads, or your blog. The review and wrap-up linky will be available at the end of November.

Additionally, you can see what everyone else is currently reading and any updates to the challenge by tweeting #12daysofbooksreadathon. I'll be asking questions throughout the read-a-thon from @BooksOnHerMind.

Add your sign-up and/or TBR list below:


The original cover image is by Paola Chaaya.

Let me know if you'll be joining in and please share this post!
Do you have any ideas for what books to read for the mini challenges?

Comments

  1. Oh, what a fun idea. I like that it's just about reading for 12 straight days without pressure on WHAT to read or HOW MUCH to read.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun idea. Productive too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan! I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done.

      Delete
  3. This looks like fun! Good luck with this one- if I wasn't overloaded at the moment I think I would join!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your read-a-thon!!! I like this one!! It sounds super simple but also super effective :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wanted to go basic while adding a little Christmas-y spin with the mini challenges.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a fun challenge and perfect for the end of the year. I love the theme of "Books I Want to Finish by the End of the Year". :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one I'm going for! A very basic theme but still one that I will enjoy.

      Delete
  6. Love this idea! However, I am not sure with the millions of holiday plans and work I will have time to participate. :/ Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay. I'm going to end up doing it by myself which is okay since it is still a challenge to make myself start reading. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. I haven't added my name to this challenge yet- but I am considering it. :) I am not great about challenges- but this one seems doable to me. I will let you know before it starts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo! I joined! I'm so excited for this challenge. I am graduating with my masters degree on Friday, and I'm most looking forward to being able to read for fun again! I'm a librarian, and it's been so hard seeing all the new books and not having time to read them. Thank you for hosting such a fun challenge! I linked my Goodreads shelf, but I will also probably participate on Instagram @findingcassandra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic! I'm graduating from my Masters next year. I'm going for the Library and Information Science degree. I'm a Library Page. What's your theme?
      I'll make sure to visit your Instagram 😃

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top