25 Wishes on my 25th Birthday


I'm 25 today and at first I was dreading it. No one really wants to get older and when they do it's not as fun as when you were a kid. I've been thinking a lot about where I am in my life, how I've allowed myself to compare to others lives and where they are in their lives at almost every age since High School. There are so many things I learned about myself in the past year as well as what I want to do to grow as a human being. I have a long way to go but I'm happier now on this 25th birthday then I ever was, last year. 

I decided to give myself 25 wishes. 25 wishes for 25 years. 25 wishes that I want to be able to look back on and work on. Some of them are things I want to do in life, while others are more internal. I hope you enjoy this post and think to what you want for the rest of your life and to what has brought you joy thus far. 


I tend to favor negativity and that tends to go towards myself. You are your worst enemy is 100% facts. I don't mind the negative part that has a dark sense of humor but when I start thinking some not so nice things about myself I can go too far. It's time to start being nicer to myself.

__________________________________________________________



This wish goes with my last one. After I do something or come back from work I analyze how I did or what I say. I like the process because I'm trying to improve but I tend to think I talk too much (I do) and when I talk too much (I'm very TMI and warn people about it now) I often think people don't like me. I don't really have the best filter and don't know how to ask if I said something wrong or apologize so some bad combinations. However, there is no reason to beat myself up about it. Also, you don't like everyone so it's okay if not everyone likes you.

__________________________________________________________



This has to do with my brief teaching experience last year. My self-esteem plummeted but I feel like I'm in the best place possible with my new job. Going further I need to believe in myself as I go higher in my career.

__________________________________________________________



I mentioned earlier how I always give TMI. I'm too talkative and I can come off with an attitude at times. I have a dark sense of humor and I hide my real personality a lot especially with family members. It's time to embrace all of my personality traits. Just make sure to be kind while doing so.

__________________________________________________________



I have a few hobbies that I love but I spend so much time focused on doing all of them at once that I never do any of them at the end of the day. I also tend to be competitive or I feel like I have to do them in certain time periods that I overplan and overwhelm myself.

__________________________________________________________



This goes back to my last wish. I'm either at 0 or 100 with anything I do. If I don't do something perfectly or when I plan to do it I give up on it until the next resurgence of passion for whatever I want to do.

__________________________________________________________



This has been a goal of mine for a little while. I want to slowly get to this goal. If I don't overwhelm myself or have too high expectations I could at least get started on this goal. I do want to ultimately challenge myself with this goal, there is nothing wrong with a little push.

__________________________________________________________



I'm inclined to try to improve my skill of drawing instead of drawing whatever I want. This is a buzz kill. One day you might want to work on the skill, the other day a drawing you saw on the internet. Either answer is correct. You love drawing, don't ruin it.

__________________________________________________________



I DESPERATELY want to learn to sew. I'm even saving p for a sewing machine. I have not sewn in months though. But, who cares? Hand sew whenever you feel like it. It's a hobby, not a chore!

__________________________________________________________



I don't really know much about Cuba's history, Spain's history, or the Canary Island's history. I'm more than half way Spanish so this is something I really want to know. I enjoy history too so I'll be participating in something I enjoy twice over.

__________________________________________________________



I'm so bad at speaking Spanish, it's a crime! I' inspired by some Spanish Speakers I've met earning English. I sound the same talking to them in Spanish that they do talking to me in English (they are probably better at it). I just want to be able to speak conversationally sometimes and I'll be happy.

__________________________________________________________



Yeah, I want to go to so many places. I want to go across the U.S., Ireland, Japan, and Spain. I want to adventure to new places and see beautiful things. I want to take lots of pictures and enjoy those memories forever. I still remember my Georgia trip. It was so much fun.

__________________________________________________________



I compare myself way too much to others my age or older. Based on everyone else I should be moved out, have a full-time job, be out of school, have my own apartment, and have a boyfriend but I have non of those and that is okay. I need to start being okay with here I'm at in my life. I'm a little slower than everyone, big deal.

__________________________________________________________



I don't eat well. I;m very lazy with cooking and eating. I think eating is a waste of time. I know that this has taken me forever to get out of that mindset or even eat more. However long it takes I want to continue trying to eat better and more healthily. I can't run if I don't eat right. Also, this applies to going to the doctor and dentist. Once I get a full-time job next year I'll be able to get coverage and save up for new glasses, a minor surgery I need to do (that I'm afraid of but I can't continue to hold off), putting on my retainers, and flossing. It is such simple things that I need to fix but I'm like a rock towards them, unmovable. It's time to get some wheels and go!

__________________________________________________________



I don't need to decide right now. But I do need to decide whether or not I stand wit God. Do I believe him simply just because I grew up that way or is he truly real. If so, what am I going to do about it? Decide.

__________________________________________________________



Things never go according to plan. NEVER. I've learned that the hard way. That's why I plan just in case but I'm too optimistic in areas that can go awry. It's okay if things don't go as you planned as long as you can adjust and move on.

__________________________________________________________



I don't talk very much with some family members. Not really. I think they only know my personality and who I am part way. I also want to get to know my family members more. I don't know them, they don't know me. 

I only have one friend I talk to. It's time to make new connections and talk to old connections.

__________________________________________________________



I'm a very honest person. However, I let everyone else know what I think, except the actual person I'm talking about. I guess you can say I'm a gossip. I talk about things I don't like about a person with friends of mine or my mom or even people I've met a few weeks ago. But, I never let the person know what I think. And it isn't anything like inherently bad. I always get told that I need to clean up my room for instance. There are some things I want to tell family members that will hopefully get me closer to them or just keeping something in mind from my perspective. Maybe not, I guess I'm too afraid to see how they would react. All of those people have tempers so probably not well.

__________________________________________________________



I put so much pressure on myself for simple things. I'm easily overwhelmed/get anxious so this needs to stop. I need to first of all accept that I'm easily overwhelmed and anxious and finds ways to keep the pressure off while still challenging myself.

__________________________________________________________



I've never been a relationship. I actually don't mind that I haven't (at this moment) because I still don't feel I'm ready. But, at this rate I'll never be ready. There are a coupe of things I want to actively do before I try to date (I say try because I get ridiculously nervous around guys, again the overwhelming thing, and I don't like it when someone comes on to me too strongly - I will immediately say no without thinking) like being kinder with myself and getting a full-time job. However, I need to go out in the world and just try.

__________________________________________________________



I had trouble doing this in my past job. I'm fine with this wish now, but I want to keep this in my mind as I go higher in the ranks. 

__________________________________________________________



I'm not passionate about a few things in my career path. I do tend to enjoy basic tasks and planning things. I just don't like presenting or keeping track of anyone else. However, I haven't given myself a chance to really get into these things. It's probably not as bad as I think. I just need to try things. I tend to think I'm not capable but if you get used to something and do it a bunch of times it'll get easier and more enjoyable.

__________________________________________________________



This wish is something I mentioned earlier. I think people don't people don't like me, but it might be all in my head. If you were doing a bad job at something, you would know. Don't assume you are not liked or doing poorly based on your own reasoning. Remember that not everything is as bad as you think.

__________________________________________________________



I'm such a dreamer. And there is nothing wrong with that. I want to continue to dream big and not let my insecurities get in the way of doing so.

__________________________________________________________



I feel like I have moved on from last year, but I also have moments of bitterness. I want to completely move on as well as move on faster in the future. I spent way too long feeling bad about myself. Life doesn't have a plan and a lot worse things are going to happen in my future. I need to cry, and then move on to my next plan of action.

__________________________________________________________




What are some wishes you have for yourself in the upcoming years?
Do you relate to any of these wishes?

Comments

  1. Happy (Belated) Birthday!!! These are some really great wishes!! I really want to learn to sew too. There is a quilt I really want to make <3 I also should do a lot more self care type stuff haha I am bad at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know a family member of mine who can quit. It didn't interest me until I watched American Quilt. One thing at a time.

      Delete
  2. We almost share the same day! Twenty-five was hard for me as well. I thought I should have accomplished a lot more. As I am now MUCH older and wiser, I really appreciate your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I appreciate it. I know others my age are probably feeling the same but I guess I only compare myself to those that seem to have it all together. Happy almost birthday!

      Delete
  3. I love that you took the time to reflect and make these wishes for yourself. I am trying to be more positive and have better talks with myself too. :) It is amazing how negatively we can talk to ourselves. Wishing you a Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you had a wonderful day- and may your wishes come true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great wishes! Happy Birthday too! I turned 28 this past May and I created a 30x30 bucket list - so 30 things I want to do before I turn 30, so those are some of my wishes.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds fun! I think in a coupe of years I'll be doing the same.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top