#FitReaders: February 6th 2015 Check-In


#FitReaders: I had a good week. I rested more than I would like and I need to either get better shoes or support so my shins stop hurting. Still I reached the 2 mile mark so I'm pretty proud of myself.

Fri/Jan. 30th:
Rest
32 oz of water
Thoughts: Big day school wise. I want to be able to do cardio next Friday. I'm thinking of biking if I can or just doing some extra walking with my running. 

Sat/Jan. 31st:
1.020 mi. walk - 30 min. 19 sec. 
96 oz of water
Thoughts: I'm getting into my new routine starting today. Saturdays I'll be resting by walking either or on the treadmill or with my dogs. I read and walked at the same time which was a new experience for me. I was reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer which feels like the longest book ever right now.

Sun/Feb. 1st:
1.7 mi. walk/run - 24 min. 4 sec. (Map my Run)
25 min. walk
Functional Upper Body Strength - 37 min.
56 oz of water
Thoughts: I worked with 10 pound weights! And I ran/walked outside! It was a day of firsts and changes. Running outside is a lot harder. I felt like I was walking more than usual but I hit where I needed to be so I guess not. Completely different experience. I feel like time goes by faster but it's harder work. I want to run/walk on my selected days outside now. Hopefully I can because the treadmill and running outside are completely different experiences and I prefer being outside.

Mon/Feb. 2nd:
1.83 mi. 25 min. (Map my Run)
Squat for a Better Booty - 10 min.
10 min. Butt Lift Challenge - 10 min.
50 oz of water
Thoughts: Feeling sore! My thighs are especially sore after all the lower body workouts and the running. I made sure to get some stretching in. I'm making good time. I think I'll go for 2 miles tomorrow. 

Tues/Feb. 3rd:
Rest
82 oz of water
Thoughts: Really sore today. I'll have to pick this up tomorrow.

Wed/Feb. 4th:
Lift Like You Mean It! - 30 min.
48 oz of water
Thoughts: This was pretty hard. I used 10 pound and 5 pound weights.

Thurs/Feb. 5th
Rest
No water
Thoughts: I spent the day at school and spent the rest of the night freaking out because I left some library items in my last class. Luckily, no one stole them and I can pick them up on Monday. I'm so inconsistent with my water intake.

Comments

  1. Wow! You are doing a great job and really getting your workouts in. I need to start doing a bit more walking. I don't have a treadmill and it has been close to zero temperatures for the past two weeks. Hopefully soon I will start being able to spend some time outside. You are an inspiration. Most days you are getting in a ton of water. I never drink enough water- so I try to start each day by drinking two full glasses of water before I eat breakfast or have my coffee. I have been doing this go a year and a half and it has made a big difference. I have been thinking about trying to do the same thing when I get home from work- because I definitely need more water. Maybe I will try it tomorrow. :)

    Good luck and glad your library items are safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! If you had stairs that would be a great workout. You could try some YouTube workout videos if you feel you can. I wouldn't be able to do anything otherwise in that weather either. I'm very inconsistent with my water but some days I randomly drink a ton of water. I usually drink a lot during workouts and I just have to try to remember to have water while I have meals. I think it's a great idea to drink water to start off the day. 2 full glasses of water - at least with my cups - is 16 oz of water.

      Thanks! It's been a relief.

      Delete
  2. You are doing great and I need to force myself to drink more water. I get so busy I forget to drink. Keep up the great work and have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I can't read while I workout. I loved The host - hope it gets better for you.

    I'll have to check out your workout links…

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Host as well. The beginning is really slow, but once you reach a certain part the rest is really good! Hope you enjoy! Awesome job being active last week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top