Bout of Books 11.0 Day 4: Challenges

Challenge #6: Like This, Try This

The sixth challenge I am participating in is Like This, Try This over at Writing My Own Fairytale. It's basically a recommendation challenge. Here are the main rules:

"You must recommend a book based on another book, movie, tv show, etc similar to this: “If you liked _____, you should try _____ because _____.”
Any genre and reading level is fine and you may use any set-up you like, so long as you’re recommending a book based on something else and explaining why."

Both of the books I've picked aren't exactly popular but I promise you they are both amazing reads if you like their descriptions. If you haven't read any of them you should read both of them! Just saying...

If you like this: How Not to be Popular by Jennifer Zieglar.

"Maggie Dempsey is tired of moving all over the country. Her parents are second-generation hippies who uproot her every year or so to move to a new city. When Maggie was younger, she thought it was fun and adventurous. Now that she’s a teenager, she hates it. When she moved after her freshman year, she left behind good friends, a great school, and a real feeling of belonging. When she moved her sophomore year, she left behind a boyfriend, too. Now that they’ve moved to Austin, she knows better. She’s not going to make friends. She’s not going to fit in. Anything to prevent her from liking this new place and them from liking her. Only . . . things don’t go exactly as planned."









Try This: Past Perfect by Leila Sales

"All Chelsea wants to do this summer is hang out with her best friend, hone her talents as an ice cream connoisseur, and finally get over Ezra, the boy who broke her heart. But when Chelsea shows up for her summer job at Essex Historical Colonial Village (yes, really), it turns out Ezra’s working there too. Which makes moving on and forgetting Ezra a lot more complicated…even when Chelsea starts falling for someone new. 

Maybe Chelsea should have known better than to think that a historical reenactment village could help her escape her past. But with Ezra all too present, and her new crush seeming all too off limits, all Chelsea knows is that she’s got a lot to figure out about love. Because those who don’t learn from the past are doomed to repeat it…."






Because they are both contemporary reads with protagonists that get themselves in funny/unique situations and fall for the nice guy.

I love this challenge! I can't wait to visit some blogs and find some great recommendations. Let me know if you have read any books like the ones above.

Comments

  1. I love your choices! Both of those books sound like a lot of fun. I haven't read either one, but I definitely should. They look so cute! The covers are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both very fun reads. When I was reading Past Perfect it reminded me right away of How Not to be Popular so this was an easy choice for me. They are both very dear to my heart. If you ever get around to reading them I would love to know what your thoughts on them are.

      Delete
  2. Both of these books sounds super cute! I had a lot of fun with this challenge as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both really nice reads. I'll have to check to see hat books you picked now (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top