Sunday Post: 10/20/13

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things received and share news about what's coming up for the next week ahead.

This Week:

I finally got around to do more than one review this week which I'm really happy about. School's going really good so far. I only have to worry about this one class but I am studying for it like I need to so I should be fine. It's ridiculously hot over here! It's 86 degrees all the time. It's kind of worrying. I mean it's almost November and it isn't cool at all. It's been a great week and hopefully next week will be the same only with a lot more reading. Oh, also I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday. It is so weird to see all these new books that you know about but you've never seen a physical copy of. I really miss going to bookstores... all the books there are just so beautiful!


Last Week on the Blog:

I reviewed My Basmati Bat Mitzvah, The Practice Pet (picture book), and 13 Little Blue Envelopes (finally!). I got four books from the library yesterday: Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers, The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle, Just One Day by Gayle Forman, and Hide and Seek by Sara Shepard. Hide and Seek is from the Lying Game series. I really hope it's better than the last one. The last one was more building up to this book and events that are going to happen so I'm excited about that. But, the book I'm really looking forward to reading is Cracked Up to Be. It seems like it would be a really enjoyable and fast read.



Around the Blogosphere (a.k.a. my to-read list is now larger):

Some books I added to my to-read list that I can't wait to get my hands on: Being Billy by Phil Earle and Destiny by Cindy Ray Hale.


Posts/articles/videos I enjoyed: 


Plans for Next Week:

I plan on reviewing As You Wish and The Shining. I also want to spotlight this website I recently discovered. I'm currently reading Pivot Point which is good so far. 



I want to read Cracked Up to BeCrash14 Fibs of Gregory K., and Pivot Point. I don't have that much going on this week so if I am able to read at least three books it's been a good week.

Comments

  1. Sweet haul! I loved Pivot Point, hope you do too. Enjoy them all.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying Pivot Point. I had a lot of fun reading that one.
    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you enjoyed Pivot Point too. I must read some more today (:

      Delete
  3. I really hope you'll enjoy Cracked Up to Be! I'll read her other book this month :) Also I must read Pivot Point too as it seems to me that I'll be the last one to read it :) Great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I would love to read your review on any Courtney Summers book. She really impressed me with Fall for Anything. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I loved the video you posted. :)

    Awesome that school is going well. It has been a warm fall so far. It is nice, but weird! I know the cold is coming.

    Hope you enjoy the books you are reading this week. I am looking forward to your reviews. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised that you know about Storyline Online. If you know of any other websites like it I would love to know!

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top