Picture Book Fridays: Baking Mishaps, Lost Robots, and Magical Forests

Welcome to my very first Picture Book Fridays! I want to make sure I continue reading picture books each month so I thought reviewing them every two weeks would help do that. Since I'm a Children's Librarian, my goal is to read more picture books outside of what I read normally for storytime, and I'm starting things off with my favorites from July.



The Lost Robot was so heartbreakingly sad at first that it legitimately almost made me cry for this broken, forgotten robot trying to remember his past. The gorgeous illustrations and the way he gets fixed up and painted with bright colors by his new family turned it into an incredibly beautiful and heartwarming story by the end. 5 stars



As someone who has been baking a lot lately, Cantaloupe and HoneyDo Bake a Cake was the perfect read for me. I absolutely loved the illustrations which reminded me of the show The Amazing World of Gumball with their mix of real life objects and cartoony facial features. Kids will get a real laugh out of the silly baking mishaps, and even though the chocolate cake doesn't come out perfect, it still ends up being delicious! A great friendship story as well. 5 stars



Seven Ways Through the Woods is an incredibly imaginative story that narrates the different magical paths you can take through a forest, like riding a griffin or going through teleporting flowers. I loved the gorgeous illustrations of all the mythical creatures and it was fun to see the little girl bravely choosing her own path by visiting every single path including dancing with sprites and watering the teleporting flower. The unique narration style and mythical creatures will definitely get kids imagination going. 5 stars

All done with my first Picture Book Friday! I'm really trying to be more concise with my reviews. As I say this I know my last ARC review was very long but it's a process! 😅

Comments

back to top