Mid-Year Reading Stats 2026

Now that I've reviewed every book (except one subpar manga) I've read this year, it's time for stats and my plans for the rest of the year. Readathons have pushed me into reading more, so I plan to do The Little Cafe Readathon in August and my own version called The Latin Cafe Readathon based on - you guessed it - Latin food. I found that when I focused on reading the romance books I own in June, it really made me feel accomplished. I would like to do something like that again. Maybe a particular theme if I see that there are a few books I am interested in that fit a music, sports, etc. theme. 



I'm pretty ecstatic with the amount of books I've read so far. I've already read more than I did last year and I might get to 100 books this year! I want to read 30 picture books (that don't have to do with Storytime) by the end of the year. I would like to read a lot more manga. My goal is to get back to Blue Lock and start a new series. I want to be making steady progress with them throughout the year. I need to get out of the mindset that picture books, manga, and graphic novels do not count as reading. First of all, who cares, and second of all, they are books... of course they count as reading! I also would like to read 57 more books by the end of the year, but there's no pressure. I always want to read a lot but it's not make it or break it for me. Oh, and I've listened to a good amount of audiobooks, but I don't track how much I've listened to. I've read or listened to 14,821 pages this year and I'd love to double that if I can by the end of the year.



This was the year I wanted to get into romance books. I feel like I am succeeding and want to continue on that trend. I should diversify my reading some, especially with middle grade, since that's the age range I recommend the most as a librarian. But will I? 

I want to be able to say I've read 25 middle grade books by the end of the year. By this point, I've read 11. I still see young adult taking over my reading, but I need to keep some type of balance and make sure I am reading books my age. The only genre I do want to consciously read more of is nonfiction which I've read none of so far. I'd like to get to at least 5 by the end of the year.



I care a lot about whether I read diversely. I usually always try to pick up diverse reads, whether it be by race, religion, disability, or sexuality. I think it's important to read books that reflect the world around us. Plus they are amazing. I don't categorize what characters' and authors' race, religion, disability, or sexual orientation are because that's a little weird to post about. I do have an idea of where I am lacking, especially in middle grade representation and hopefully the books I pick up reflect that I'm reading more of those.

Audiobooks are taking over again. I am going to try to always have one book I am reading physically or through an ebook on hand to combat this.



You could tell my favorite books through the other posts. The star rating ranges for the books above are from 4 to 5 stars. I didn't talk about the picture books I read, but Goblin by Frances Stickley was my favorite and I'd recommend reading it, no matter what age you are. I seriously need to read more picture books because I like to recommend my favorites at the end of the year.

My Reading Plans for the Rest of the Year

I posted an anticipated releases list for July - December so you know most of the books I plan to read. I thought I'd include some of those and other middle grade, YA, and adult reads I am looking forward to reading the most for the last half of the year:






Comments

back to top