September TBR // Hispanic Heritage Month


September 15th - October 15th is Hispanic Heritage Month!!! ╰(*°▽°*)╯ I am focusing on Latino reads in September only so I wanted to create a TBR listing out my main priority reads. It's funny I haven't seen any readathons or book BINGOs so I created my own and now I am scrapping it because the Latinx Book Bingo 2022 was revealed last Friday. I am glad someone is doing a readathon for Hispanic Heritage Month because I feel like it gets overlooked easily. I already picked out what I want to read but I'll be keeping an eye out on what people read for the Latinx Readathon this year because I need to add more Latino books to my TBR.

I'll be posting some backlisted and upcoming Latino books I'm interested in throughout the month. Here are some recommendations / books I have been interesting in so far:


Here are some links to some bloggers that post mainly about Latino books:


A Caribbean Heiress in Paris - I really enjoyed listening to Here to Stay by Adriana Herrera. I think back to it the characters and story a lot more than expected so I thought I would try her latest release which is fitting my current mood for historical fiction. 

Hiding in Smoke - It is very difficult to find new books by Latino authors that I think I would like. Hiding in Smoke is by an author I've never heard of, it's a romance, and it has a beautiful cover. I am wary since it says it has some taboo elements but I think this will be an easy, fun read.

Olga Dies Dreaming - I've been wanting to read this one for ages but I think I'm just intimidated because it is one of those popular books that have been hyped. It feels like it's literary or just not my typical read but I think it'll be worth getting into.

Pilar Ramirez and the Escape from Zafa - I put this on my TBR list as soon as I heard about it but I am terrible with overhyping books and then worrying I won't like them. I read middle grade all the time because I enjoy it and I want to be able to recommend books at my library so I don't want to bypass this one any longer.

The Lost Dreamer - I'm looking forward to the world-building more than anything for The Lost Dreamer. I hear it has a slow pace as well which I enjoy from time to time. The main character is going to be coming into her powers so I think all of the elements are there for me to have this be an amazing read.

Miss Quinces - This is a cute graphic novel about a quinceañera that sounds like it'll be comedic and have some wild family meddling. I've been waiting to read this since I first heard about it so it's finally time.

I'm interested in reading more books but don't know how much I'll get to. I want to focus on my Hispanic reads mostly and get to any others later on. The other books I'm interested in reading:


I also want to read at least 100 pages of A Little Hatred. I've got to make progress on it every month or I'll never pay attention to it again.

What are you reading in September? If you're reading any books by Hispanic authors let me know in the comments!

Comments

back to top