#FitReaders Check in August 1st, 2020

#FitReaders is hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Blog and That’s What I’m Talking About. FitReaders is a group of readers who support each other in their fitness progress. The best place to catch them would be the Facebook Group and Twitter under the #FitReaders hashtag. Felicia @ Geeky Bloggers Book Blog will be doing monthly reminders to join each month and Jen @ That’s What I’m Talking About will be doing weekly check-ins on her blog. 
I finally exercised! I'm so proud of myself that I took the time to actually exercise. I only exercised two days but I beat my weekly goal of walking at least 15 minutes twice a week and doing my running/walking routine once a week.

  • Tuesday, July 28th - 44 minutes walking
  • Wednesday, July 29th - Run/Walk routine for 25 minutes. The total was 41 minutes.

I did not track my water intake, strength train, and try a workout video this past month. It's a new month and I've settled in with the changes occurring at my job and my move so it's time to get into a routine which is apparently the most difficult part for me. I've created a task list for everything I need to do before I go to sleep on workdays which will help me achieve my goals. Here's my updated exercise plans:

Goals for the Year:

  • Consistent exercise every week.
  • Drinking at least four glasses of water each day.
  • Run a mile without stopping. 
  • Run a virtual 5k.
  • Being able to do one full pushup.

Goals for the month:

  • Walking at least 15 minutes twice a week.
  • Track my daily water consumption.
  • Running/Walking routine twice a week.
  • 15-minute strength routine twice a week.
  • Try a workout video twice this month.

How I will achieve my monthly goals:

I will be walking after work at the park near my new home. A fifteen-minute walk is basically a walk around the small park and back to my house. If it is raining then I will walk throughout my condo building. Hopefully, not getting in anybody's way to their home. That way though I stay relatively dry and keep myself accountable.

I'll be tracking my daily water consumption on my laptop after work so I can easily add it to a #FitReaders post in the future. 

On Sundays, I plan to do a session of the Couch Potato to 5k. On at least one weekday I plan to do another session when exercising with my dad. I plan to do the Week 1 plan throughout the month which is to do a 5-minute walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. If I feel I am ready, I will move on to the second-week plan which is to do a 5-minute walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

I'm doing a 15-minute workout routine which includes alternative pushups, bicep curls, tricep extensions, overhead presses, squats, and crunches. It'll be two sets of 10 for each exercise or two sets of 60-second intervals depending on the type of exercise.

I'm planning on trying either Chloe Ting's workout videos since I've done them before and I've enjoyed them or Yoga with Adriene whose workouts I've done once before and found relaxing.

There are a few changes. My main goal is to try to get into a routine. I'm hoping to exercise more than I did last month which should be easily doable. And to actually take note of the amount of water I'm drinking.

What does your exercise routine look like?

Comments

back to top