Bout of Books 15: A Rainbow of Books

Source
So far I've read two books this Bout of Books - Your Voice is All I Hear and Almost Home. Almost Home was exactly the right book I needed to read after the heavy context of Your Voice is All I Hear.

I'm currently reading Into the Grey which looks like it's going to be a spooky and odd book.

Currently Reading

I think the fire changed us – me and Dom. I think that’s how the boy was able to see us. Though he’d been there for every summer of our childhood, we’d only been stupid boys until then. Stupid, happy, ignorant boys. And what in hell would he have had in common with two stupid boys? But after the fire we were different. We were maybe a little bit like him. And so he saw us, at last, and he thought he’d found a home…
Rainbow  Challenge

This challenge is hosted by Ranty Runt of a Reader.
R - Riordan, Rick
- Ockler, Sarah
Y - York, Kelley
G - Garcia, Kami
B - Black, Holly
I - Isley, Camilla
V - Velde, Vivian Vande

What's the last spooky book you've read?

Comments

  1. I've seen this at my library! I really want to read it, so hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2016, Adriana! I love the sound of Into the Grey. Will check it out for sure. I read ALMOST HOME by Joan Bauer some time ago and loved it. Is this the one you read, too? As for spooky books, I'm currently reading a Mo Yan novel, THE REPUBLIC OF WINE, where infants were rumoured to be cooked and eaten as delicacies. (Really makes the hair stand.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jane Austen, I could seriously sit and spend an entire day just reading through all her famous quotes.

    Good job on reading two books this week! I've managed to read two as well (to my surprise). I don't typically read from the paranormal/horror genre, but if Serafina and the Black Cloak counts as "spooky" then I would say this was the last eerie book I read. :)

    I'm actually planning on reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children this year! I want to read it before the film is released :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have been doing some interesting reading! I can't think of the last spooky book I read. I just finished The Martian, which I liked a lot. :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are doing well this Bout of Books! I can't believe it is already Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Into The Grey has such an awesome cover! I'm not a fan of spooky books because my wild imagination just takes over AND I JUST TOTALLY FREAK MYSELF OUT. *sighs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top