P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2. Simon & Schuster (May 2015) Library
Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Timesbestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.
                                        


Lara Jean! How I've missed you and Peter and of course, Kitty. I've got to admit that I forgot how parts of the story of the previous book played out including the hot tub incident which becomes a whole situation in this sequel. No matter. I felt the recurring end of the incidents' "repercussions" especially with miss worry as our main character. Although, that's actually not fair. If I was Lara Jean I would have had a panic attack after what happens in this story.
Source
Peter and Lara Jean's relationship becomes real this time around, but now they must navigate what it's like to be in a relationship. I've seen comments where people think Lara Jean can be too whiny. Honestly I may have thought she has some flaws in the first book but this time around I acknowledge that she can be a little too inside her head, but she's a teenager! She compared herself a lot to Genevieve (Peter's ex) and I get it. You know I imagine it must be rough to be in a relationship as a teenager. During that time and when you first go through puberty it makes it so you basically think everyone is looking at you when they're not. They are really inside their own heads freaking out about their own insecurities. So I understood where Lara Jean was coming from and had no problem with her insecurities especially since she grew in her own way. 
Source
There's this whole thing with Peter and Lara Jean and Genevieve and this new kid John. It's a whole dilemma which Lara Jean has to sort through to find the truth, trust, and love. The story made me so happy because I needed to know what happened with Lara Jean and Peter. Oh Peter, how you make me happy... I'd say if you enjoyed the first book you'll enjoy P.S. I Still Love You. Just get ready for a little angst which you should already be ready for since you've met Lara Jean.

Lara Jean loves to bake. What's your favorite recipe?

Comments

  1. This sounds like a great read. I haven't read the first one, but I am definitely curious after reading your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good story with some angst but great sisters and a nice romance.

      Delete
  2. I really loved both books and Lara Jean! Yep, you described her well and there is definitely teen angst, but I loved the baking too! So glad to see you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy I read it this year. I'm going to miss Lara Jean. I wish there was a book with Kitty all grown up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top