Waiting on Wednesday: Monstrous

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The city of Bryre suffers under the magic of an evil wizard. Because of his curse, girls sicken and disappear without a trace, and Bryre’s inhabitants live in fear. No one is allowed outside after dark.

Yet night is the only time that Kymera can enter this dangerous city, for she must not be seen by humans. Her father says they would not understand her wings, the bolts in her neck, or her spiky tail—they would kill her. They would not understand that she was created for a purpose: to rescue the girls of Bryre.

Despite her caution, a boy named Ren sees Kym and begins to leave a perfect red rose for her every evening. As they become friends, Kym learns that Ren knows about the missing girls, the wizard, and the evil magic that haunts Bryre.
 

And what he knows will change Kym’s life.
 

Reminiscent of Frankenstein and the tales of the Brothers Grimm, this debut novel by MarcyKate Connolly stands out as a compelling, original story that has the feel of a classic.




Everything about Monstrous is amazing. I'm seriously tempted to go pre-order this book now. A girl who would be seen and known as a monster is the hero of this story. I really want to know Kym's backstory and how she came to be. Will she fall in love Ren? Is Ren planning on deceiving her? Is the evil wizard her father? What is happening with the girls being taken away? I want to know all of this now.

Release Date: February 10th 2015

What book are you eagerly waiting on?

Comments

  1. Adriana, this one looks amazing so how have I never heard of it before! I love that cover and the blurb and it sounds so awesome! Thank you for putting it firmly on my radar!

    My WOW pick this week
    ALSO check out my giveaway of a book of your choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one has been on my To-Read list for a while. It really just looks SO GOOD! Great pick!!

    Here's My WoW...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything about it screams at me to read it. You've got good taste (;

      Delete
  3. I think I'm waiting for this one too. The characters sound more than great :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! The characters sound really interesting in Monstrous. The concept is what really draws me in.

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of this book but it sounds good (and that cover is so attractive)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just learned about this book yesterday, so I am excited to see it here today. I love the cover and the story sounds fabulous. I am waiting for Monstrous too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top