2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading Program




I've always been one to participate in my library's summer reading program. In my library you are given a paper with six sections where you write your name, contact information, and books you've read within an hour (if you are an adult within four hours) until you filled up each section and turned it in for the possibility of winning a great prize. Once you have done that you get a whole new piece of paper that lets you start all over again. I'm a little obsessed with this process because I always make sure I'm timing myself correctly. I'm not a cheater after all. So the prospect of a blog version of my library summer reading program excites me a little too much to be normal. It's not the same of course but this program should be really fun so I decided to join. 

What is the Book Blogger Summer Reading Program? It's setting a goal to read at least 5 books from May 1st to September 1st. You may win prizes at the end of the challenge once you have completed your goal.

My goal is to read 40 books in the span of 4 months. That's 10 books a month or 2 books a week or 40 books in 124 days if I'm calculating that correctly. I plan to update what I've read every Saturday from now until the last Saturday of the challenge. After the challenge is over I'll report all the books I've read in total. Good luck to everyone who is participating!

My tbr books for 5/3/14 - 5/10/14:


Comments

  1. Glad you're doing this challenge too! We have the same book goal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'll make sure to see how you and I are faring during the summer. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. I forgot all about the library's summer reading program. I used to love it! Ours is for kids only so I haven't been able to participate for awhile. Maybe I'll sign up for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why they wouldn't include adults. I was so happy that at 19 I could still take part in the program. It would be great if you joined too! It feels very low pressure so it should be fun.

      Delete
  3. This sounds great! Can I join? or is it location based?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wait! nevermind, this is Katies?!? I just signed up for that one! Glad to join in on the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I'll be sure to check out your progress on your blog. Have fun reading!

      Delete
  5. I always love my library's summer reading program as well and am super excited for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I love your list of books. I'm impressed you've got everything so well planned out.

      Delete
  6. What an awesome incentive. Two books per week should be a great challenge with your study load. Ten per month sounds easy, but even I find it hard to read that many and I don't have schooling to compete with.

    *gets out poms poms* Can't wait to follow along with your challenge. Sorry I haven't been here in a while, been so busy lately, but getting all my blog visits back on track :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard with school but I think I'll keep myself motivated by visiting other blogs that are joining in. I can be a bit competitive when I want to be.

      Haha (: ~ thanks for the support! It's okay, last month I was hardly even on here. I'm catching up with blog visits too.

      Delete
  7. Best of luck with your challenge. It sounds like fun and I am sure you will be pushing yourself. Can't wait to hear about all the books you read! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I hope with this challenge I am able to push myself far enough to catch up on my reading.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top