Sunday Post: 9/22/13

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things received and share news about what's coming up for the next week ahead.

This Week:

I had a feeling I wasn't going to be able to read/review as much as I wanted to. There was this whole thing with an online professor where I made a mistake and was confused by an assignment. The professor wasn't telling me what exactly I should do... they wouldn't respond with a direct answer until the last minute. It was a headache. I have an online exam that I have to do soon. The math exam was switched from Friday to Monday so more studying time for me. I have a draft for an essay due soon too. It doesn't sound like much but it's been a pain. I did get to read a couple of books in the beginning of the week so that was great. Really good books too that I can't wait to share with you all. Hope everyone's week was great!

Last Week on the Blog:

I finally reviewed Gameboard of the Gods! It's truly a miracle. I also reviewed Choker and read and reviewed a children's book - Loula is Leaving for Africa. I also did a post on Cover Loves with the theme Eyes. I got two of the books from the library because I like the covers so much. We also have a giveaway winner for Sia - Dena from BooksforKids. Hope you enjoy it Dena!




Around the Blogosphere (a.k.a. my to-read list is now larger):

Some books I added to my to-read list that I can't wait to get my hands on: Palace of Spies by Sarah Zettel and Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson.


Posts/articles/videos I enjoyed: 



Plans for Next Week:

I am still reading Saving Wishes so I want to finish it this week. I also want to read two to three other books if I get the chance. Endless, Made of Stars, and Where the Stars Still Shine. All three are NetGalley books that look amazing! I wanted to read The Mark of Athena last week but it's a bit too much for me right now. I also want to wait and read Sia closer to it's release date but I might give in and read it on a whim since it sounds so good. I just need some time...




I want to review at least three books. I finished Mira in the Present Tense so I'll probably review that. I want to review this book called Autumn as well and review 13 Little Blue Envelopes.

I got a bunch of books in the mail thanks to a fellow blogger who was giving away some books she didn't want which I really appreciate. I also got a book from Abrams that I plan to read and review the week of it's release. My October reads is pretty much set so I'm really happy. I decided to read Carrie in October too so that's going to be awesome. I've never read a Stephen King novel before!

Comments

  1. oh my god, I thought you got Since You've Been Gone and I'm like WHAT?! I WANT! but yea, I went ahead of myself. Palace of Spies also looks interesting!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choker and Made of Stars looks good. Honestly, I want most of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see what you think of Made of Stars. It sounds like an amazing read and Endless too! :) Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an online class where the professor wasn't very helpful and would answer questions at the last minute (or not a all). It was very frustrating. Wishing you the best of luck and hope you get in the reading you want to do too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top