Miami Book Fair


For the second time, I've been able to go to the Miami Book Fair. This time around I got all rained on and so did my mom. She mentioned later that she's been meaning to take me since I was a little kid so we finally got to go together. Even with all the rain it was still nice hanging out with her. There were no author events that appealed to me this time around which was a bummer. 

I ended up buying Soundless by Richelle Read and it's an autographed book. It has this cover over the main one that supposed to make it like a first edition type of deal. All I know it looks very elegant. The second book I bought was Beastkeeper which is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast - one of my favorite fairy tales. The last thing I got for free and it's a sample of Richelle Mead's upcoming book, The Glittering Court, which will have three books in its series. Each book is supposed to be set with a different main character and their stories will intertwine with each other. 

I'm pretty happy with all the books I got and to have that experience with mom although next time I plan on going on a day where authors I love will talk about their books... and it's not raining.

Do you have any local book fair's near you? What new books have you gotten lately?

Comments

  1. I really like the overlay for Soundless; very pretty. Sorry you didn't really get to see many authors you liked, but that's awesome you could enjoy the day with your mom!

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overlay! I couldn't come up with the right word for the Soundless cover.

      Delete
  2. I love to go to the CT Children's Book Fair. I try to go every year. I also try to attend other book fairs when I hear about them. Sorry that you got rained on at your event, but I think it is awesome that you went to it with your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there was more than one book fair around. I'll have to look around for more next year. Maybe I get lucky.

      Delete
  3. Soundless looks super fancy! Sounds like fun even if it did rain. No book fairs by me that I know of currently. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top