#FitReaders: January 16th 2015 Check-In



Fri/Jan. 9th:
56 oz of water
Thoughts: I did nothing! I woke up embarrassingly late and just read all day. I haven't rested this week anyways so there it goes. I wish I would have walked at least but nothing can be done now. Did not feel sore from yesterday which according to my dad is good because I'm getting stronger.

Sat/Jan. 10th:
1 mi. walk/jog/run - 12 min. 39 sec. 
42 oz of water
Thoughts: I do not like ab workouts. They really hurt like with a whole different pain level than anything else. I've got to focus on them and my back though more to keep my strength growth balanced. I ran most of my mile and I did a little more than 2 minutes better than last time. My goal to under ten minutes is not looking far off. I just got to stop holding on to the treadmill!

Sun/Jan 11th:
1 mi. walk/jog/run: 12 min. 36 sec.
45 min walk
56 oz of water
Thoughts: Took it slow today. My mile did not produce much progress but I just have to get used to running for a long time. I need some music or something to distract me... if it can.

Mon/Jan. 12th:
1 mi. walk/jog/run - 12 min. 28 sec.
64 oz of water
Thoughts: I've been pushing too much. From now on I'm just going to jog and run at my own pace. I'm not going to force anything. My new goal is to reach a mile at 20 min. so in the end my goal is to do a 5k in 60 min. I'll just get better from there speed wise once I reach 3.1 miles.

Tues/Jan. 13th:
1 mi. walk/jog/run - 16 min. 30 sec.
54 oz of water
Thoughts: I'm going to go for 1.100 miles tomorrow so I can get out of this mile and go onto bigger better things! The upper body routine I did was tough - I need to do it again.

Wed/Jan 14th:
1.1 mi. walk/jog/run - 17 min. 57 sec.
58 oz of water
Thoughts: Never doing the 20 min. exercise again! Three round is too much. I did my 1.1 mi. and it went pretty god. It's under what I need it to be at which was 22 min. I have school all day tomorrow so I don't think I'll be able to get anything in.

Thur/Jan. 15th:
40 min. walk
34 oz of water
Thoughts: Well at least I walked on the day where I spent most of my time at school. 

Comments

  1. I keep hoping that reading your fitness updates will motivate me more, sometimes they do and I am grateful. You are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks Kay! Just by saying that I want to make sure I exercise as much as I am able to.

      Delete
  2. You are doing so good! I won't be working extra hours anymore so I will be able to finally try out some of these Youtube exercises you do. Thanks for sharing the videos and keep up the great work! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet! I hope you are able to get something out of them.

      Delete
  3. I think I read somewhere to not worry about your pace too much. You've got to get your body used to running longer distances first, then your times for running a mile will get better since you'll be stronger. You're thinking in the right direction. 60 min for a 5K is doable! Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the right thinking too. Speed was never my goal either. I just want to be able to go up to 3.1 miles. Thanks Grace!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes you just need a day to sit around and read without worrying about things ;-). But it didn't put you into a slump, so that's the important part :D I definitely agree with your dad's assessment, it sounds like you're getting much stronger, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really want to see that I'm getting stronger too though.

      Delete
  5. This is so cool, Adriana! You have done so well this week. I don't get the opportunity to do a lot of walking but I'm inspired to check out those videos and try a couple.

    Keep going and hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top