Bout of Books #12: Scavenger Hunt and New Year's Resolutions


First day of Bout of Books! I'll be updating what I've read all day here. 

Currently Reading:


Shadow Society is a buddy read so you will see it a lot on here. I haven't started Blue Heaven yet. It has mystery I believe and I know there should be this crazy amount of suspense. Hopefully I enjoy it! UPDATE: Finished Blue Heaven.

Books Read Today:


Loving this manga series but there are no more of them in the library which is such a bummer! 

Pages: 161


Such a good book! I could not put this one down.

Pages: 344

Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt

Hosted over @ Caught Read Handed


It’s a bookshelf scavenger hunt!
Find a book with the following criteria on a bookshelf:
1. Find an author with the same initials as you - Nothing
2. Find a book with the color yellow on it - A Really Awesome Mess
3. Find an author’s name with the letter “S” in it - James Dashner
4. Find a book with a female protagonist - The Program
5. Find the longest book you own - Hans Christian Anderson Complete Fairy Tales
6. Find a book with a map in it or on it - Map of Narnia
7. Find a book with a face on it (photograph or illustrated) - Burn for Burn
Bonus: Find something on your shelf that isn't a book. - My cat hanger 


New Year's Resolution Challenge

Hosted over @ The Book That....

Whether you have made reading resolutions or want to use general life resolutions you have made over the New Year holiday, pick books with titles that relate to each of your resolutions. You can post as many or as few as you would like.

I did mine a little different than the host.

New Year's Resolutions:

I am the queen of new beginnings when it comes to the start of a new year. I always go full force in whatever I want to achieve but, it's never enough because I always stop being persistent with my goals. In this moment I am ready for a change and I'm starting with running like a girl. I want to run and exercise every week in order to realize the running dream I've always had of completing a 5k. It's going to be difficult what with the water wars I have with myself. I never drink enough water even though I am supposed to in order to keep up and be like the girl in the arena - always fighting to be stronger than I am. Of course without a healthy diet I'll never be able to keep my goal but I plan to be cooking up a storm this year and find recipes that are healthy and delicious. 

I must be out of my mind with the amount of reading challenges I signed up for but even though I feel like I've temporarily gone crazy I want to complete all the challenges I signed up for. The list of books I plan to read for the Reading Road Trip Challenge is humongous however, it'll be rewarding once I've completed the goal of reading fifty books from across the U.S. Hopefully I can get to some forgotten series over the year too and finish what I started. It feels like a lot to keep up with consistently yet I have everything set up so that I keep up with my goals throughout the year - Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Comments

  1. Fun scavenger hunt! I didn't sign up for any reading challenges. I used to, but then I discovered that I didn't ever participate, so what was the point?

    Good luck with all your new goals! I'm impressed with everything you've decided to do this year. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as long as your honest with yourself. Never start something you are never going to finish which I tend to do a lot too.

      Thanks so much! It doesn't feel like a lot right now especially since I'm progressing pretty well but hopefully I can pace myself and complete everything I want to. Thanks for the encouragement (:

      Delete
  2. Nice.
    I hope you had an amazing start to 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lilith! My year is going right so far. Hope 2015 treats you well.

      Delete
  3. I never do any reading resolutions because I read while I'm on my treadmill--and that goes along with my one annual resolution--lose weight! So reading is never a problem for me in those early months...it's as the year goes on that it gets tougher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could read on my treadmill! That reminds me of the Vlogbrothers who had a office/treadmill where they could read and walk at the same time. January is usually very good to me reading wise. Once the semester gets into midterms I'm flailing around. As long as we both read great books this year, it doesn't matter :D

      Delete
  4. I had such a fun time with these challenges! I couldn't find a book with me and an author sharing initials. I also think your cat hanger is cute.

    I love how you talked about your resolutions using book covers. Very creative! I love the idea of being a runner, but I'm not a runner, more of a walker and biker. I think you are going to kick butt on your challenges. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the cutest cat ever and it looks great on my bookshelf. I couldn't find my initials either... I guess we have rare initials? (;

      Aww! Thanks so much for your encouragement Kay. It means a lot. It's hard to run so I'm kind of running/jogging/walking at the same time. I have no endurance... My brother loves mountain biking. Do you mountain bike?

      Delete
  5. I did the scavenger hunt too. Like you, an author with my initials was the one thing I couldn't find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be the case with most of the people I've visited. I wonder why?

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog Adriana! I completely understand on the reading challenges thing. I feel like I've overdosed on them this year but I'm completely okay if I don't finish a few, I know it's going to be fun trying. Love your book scavenger hunt, definitely a few on that shelf I've meaning to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with all the resolutions!

    I used to hate water, but now it's all I'll drink. One thing I used to get me to drink more is flavor packets. They helped me cut out soda, and then I cut down on those (but I still use them :D). I also keep a bottle of water beside my bed or wherever I am. Little tricks help!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top