Bout of Books #12: My Dysfunctional Family and #insixwords


The last day of Bout of Books is over for me. I'll be writing a few reviews before I got to bed so you'll see if I got anything accomplished tomorrow with my wrap up post. I've read so much during this week and the month of January. I'm way ahead of my overall reading goal for this year which is an amazing feeling.

Books Read Today:


My first retelling of the year! I had so much fun with this little book. I read the original story prior and it was so much different than I remember although I recalled the bratty princess. In this book the princess was snarky. I loved her attitude especially since she was a good person.

Pages: 198

Total Books Read: 7
Total Reviews Completed: 6

Dysfunctional Book Family Challenge

Hosted over @ Auggie Talk

The directions
  1. Select your characters and give each of them a title (mom, dad, sister, uncle, cousin). Get goofy or be super serious. Up to you!
  1. Tell me a little bit about WHY you'd choose these characters for their spot in your fam!
  1. Now have a bit of fun and tell me (in a short sentence or a long paragraph) HOW is your family dysfunctional. ;)

Mother and Father: Clara's parents from the Unearthly trilogy - Clara is part angel which would so cool to be and will probably make me fearless in the sky. Her mom is also very caring towards her children.


Sister: Kat from the Kat, Incorrigible series - She helped her sisters with their love lives so she'd be a perfect sister for this girl.


Sister: Goldie Roth from the Museum of Thieves trilogy - she could help me learn to be invisible, fight evil, and use a sword. I'd never be bored with her as a sister.


Cousin: DJ from the Dairy Queen series - DJ is a football player and would bring out my competitive side with running and strength training. 


Cousin: Rachel from the Dirt Diary series - Rachel is a great baker. I would love to get some baking tips from her and free cookies!




#insixwords


Frogged by Vivian Vande Velde - Trickery and kidnapping of snarky princess.

Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher - Memory loss and falling in love.

Comments

  1. I loved Frogged too! Such a cute book. You got a lot of reading done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reading seven books! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thik I'll have to read Frogged - mostly because of the cover and the title xD

    - Love, Felicia
    ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top