|Art by Shane Rebenschied|
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things received and share news about what's coming up for the next week ahead.
I'm finally getting back to blogging this past week. May has arrived with new promise! I'm so glad I made the decision to switch my major to Education. I'll be starting the summer semester next week so we'll see what I make of these new classes. I do still plan to minor in Psychology instead of having it as a major. I love Psychology so that's a no brainer. With that decision out of the way I have my week planned and ready to go. I might change it up because I'm planning on watching some books to movies this week.
Also, has anyone else seen Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Amazing Spiderman 2? Aren't you loving all these Marvel movies coming out? The new X-Men movie and Guardians of the Galaxy are going to make my summer phenomenal.
Last Week on the Blog:
Last week I wrapped up what I read the previous month in April. I can't say enough of what I thought about the Shatter Me series which I'm planning to reread and review soon. I reviewed The Hallowed Ones which is why my header is the way it is. It wasn't as great as I was expected it to be but I can see a lot of people loving it just the same. I also signed up for the 2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading Program where you track the amount of books you plan to read this summer. I'm going for 40. Are you planning on participating?
Around the Blogosphere (a.k.a. my to-read list is now larger):
Some books I added to my to-read list that I can't wait to get my hands on: Catch a Falling Star by Kim Culbertson and The Road by Jay McLean.
Born Bookish's review on Catch a Falling Star convinced me entirely that I NEED this book in my life.
Teen Readers Diary informed me of the cute, contemporary read that is The Road. I only hope that the author who usually has mature content in her other books doesn't ruin the story with overly sexualized situations in this one. It sounds too adorable for me not to take a chance on.
Posts/articles/videos I enjoyed:
- 21 Signs You’re Suffering From A Book Hangover (the Jon Snow costume is perfection!) via Dare to Read and Enter A New World
- Should white people write about people of color? (poses interesting question and answer that I've wondered about myself) via Malinda Lo
- Wandering the Shelves: Cracks by Sheila Kohler (terrifying and intense book plus movie trailer) via Finley Jayne's Bookshelves
- What is Real? (a nostalgic look and excerpt at The Velveteen Rabbit) via The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow
- Should you write consistently or in bulk? (where in one blog post a writer blows me out of the water) via Notebook Sisters
- The Treatment by Suzanne Young (where I nearly cry because the second and last book of The Program is confirmed to be wonderful) via Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
- Guest Post: Sonia Fuderer on Why Dancer Dance (one of the better guest post I've seen in the blogosphere) via Fly to Fiction
- Video - My Wedding Speech (finally watched the whole thing after catching snippets elsewhere. "It's all about you. It's all about you baby")
- Video - Unconsolable by X Ambassadors (in love with this song this week. One of my professors showed it in a class. Can you guess why? ~ Pay attention to the lyrics and video!)
Plans for Next Week:
I've already discussed that I'll be reading Torn Away by Jennifer Brown and Synchrony by Cindy Ray Hale on my now weekly Saturday update post based on the 2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading Program.
I plan to review not only Torn Away and Synchrony this week but also Shatter Me and Destroy Me. I might change things around to review some books to movies I plan to watch like I said earlier. Look out for some picture book reviews too. Hope you all have a great week! What are you planning to read this week?