Wicked Fire Read-A-Thon Daily Updates

It's finally time to start this read-a-thon!

You can see my list and goals here.

I have mentally added some books in my head so I might deviate from the list.

Friday, June 7th
Current Book(s):
   

Number of books read today: 1
Number of pages read today: 465

Thoughts: Noon: So far I've read 140 pages of Blaze. She doesn't mind saying or thinking whatever she wants. She's a pretty straight shooter and I know she's going to realize what scum Matt is soon. I hope she get's with Comic book guy because he's good looking and is into comics which is so her. I can't wait until the revenge portion of this book starts. I'm going to go check out what the challenges are now and see if I want to join in. I might update more than two times a day. We will see. 2:36 PM: Finished my first book! I'm excited to get started on the next read but might hold that off to write a review on Blaze. Looking good so far! 11:40 PM So I'm sleepy and it's almost the next day and I wanted to update my post. I started The Silver Linings Playbook. I initially was worried I was going to focus on comparing it to the movie too much which I've been doing but it hasn't hindered my reading experience. It's still really good. I'm 151 pages in and I have 80 more to go. I would have finished it by now but I got invited to something and had to go right away. This book has me wanting to keep going but for some reason I'm already tired. Probably because Molly likes to wake me up already and right now I know I in for a rough night sine she's playing with my pillows tags... Sigh. Well I hope to go to the library tomorrow and get lots of books checked out. I also hope to finish Silver Linings and another book if I can. Goodnight fellow readers!

Saturday, June 8th
Current Book(s):

Number of books read today: 3
Number of pages read today: 222
Total number of books read: 4
Total number of pages read: 687

Thoughts: 11:30 AM: So I finished The Silver Linings Playbook and I'm feeling good. Hopefully I can swing by the library today and get the massive amount of books waiting for me. I realized yesterday that Monday-Wednesday I will be away so I might not get to update as regularly as I would like. I may be able to read a book or two though. I know I have a couple of books that are short which will raise my book reading number. I know it's kind of cheating but my goal is with reading more, not my page numbers. I don't know what to start next yet... 2:15 PM I didn't feel like getting into a 200+ page book right now so I read my first novella which was pretty adorable although I thought the guy deserves better. I didn't count the pages for and excerpt on another book by the author so it was only 65 pages in my mind. I took forever reading it. An hour to read 65 pages!? I guess it's about right but I still didn't expect it take that long. I'm going to take a little break to figure out what I want to read next. So happy I'm 30% done with my goal. 11:35 PM: Finished another little book about 76 pages. I expected it to be longer - more like a graphic novel which it is but they are usually longer. I'm too tired to start my next read. I at least know what it is. I was able to get to the library and check out 9 books for me and 1 for my mother. She actually has good taste. I actually want to read it after her. Anyways I might not be able to post a lot since I'm leaving tomorrow and coming back Wednesday I believe. I just hope I am able to read all the books I want and they are actually lengthy reads. Well, Goodnight fellow readers!

Sunday, June 9th
Current Book(s):












Number of books read today: 0
Number of pages read today: 276
Total number of books read: 4
Total number of pages read: 963

Thoughts: 12:40 PM I thought that we would have left by now but I guess not. I will be starting My Life in Black & White soon. I have a bunch of books stashed in my bag including my ereader. You know you are a book lover when you 5 books and an ereader stuffed in one medium sized Tinkerbell bag. I might be able to update at night or if not tomorrow morning. I want to figure out what songs I can put to my books for a challenge. It's not going very well.

Monday, June 10th
Current Book(s)


Number of books read today: 1
Number of pages read today: 166
Total number of books read: 5
Total number of pages read: 1129

Thoughts: 9:30 AM So I arrived at my destination yesterday. I will be off to the beach soon. There is white sand here and everything is flat whereas I'm used to these seaweed infested bumpy sand. I'm going to spend all day reading of course but with that background it's just going to be wonderful. Regarding books I completed my 5th one at last night at 12 AM. So that's why I counted it for today. I'm starting to read my mother-daughter book club read - Safe Haven. And I will be also be reading Shift today. I will try to work on replying back to everyone's comments this morning but if not I will be on later... I don't know what is later for me so I will leave it that. Really having trouble with the song choices. I will probably have to do it after I get back. 

Tuesday, June 11th
Current Book(s)


Number of books read today: 1
Number of pages read today: 252
Total number of books read: 6
Total number of pages read: 1381

10 AM: I'm continuing with my mother-daughter book: Safe Haven. It's a great read by the way. I hope to finish Shift today. I only read 60 pages because I was catching up to my mother's pages in Safe Haven which was 88 pages (Chapter 10). It's nice that we can talk about books together but I really want to finish Shift. It has this crazy alien? shifter theory. I will have to explain it on my review later. I only have like 10 minutes to do this every morning so I will have to wait until I get home so I can comment freely. I want to do better in this challenge. Hopefully I will be able to read a book today and tomorrow on the ride home.

Wednesday, June 12th
Current Book(s)


Number of books read today: 1
Number of pages read today: 280
Total number of books read: 7
Total number of pages read: 1661

Thoughts: 10 AM: Finally finished Shift! And I am going home today so I actually get to use my laptop for more than ten minutes! My face is really red. I got a lot of sun but nothing hurts really bad or anything so I'm happy. This was such a great mini vacation inside my vacation. I'm going to catch up to my mother in Safe Haven today. She's a really slow reader but by the time I read Shift she got 100 pages ahead of me. I'm starting The Deadly Sister too. I have a thing for sister stories lately. There are a couple of them I want to read this week or the next.

EDIT: So I stopped early. In total I read 7/10 books and read 1,661 pages. Pretty good for my first read-a-thon.

Comments

  1. Yeah! Congrats on finishing Blaze! It sounds like an interesting book and I hope the MC did realize that Matt is a scum. :) Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm doing great with this pace. I just have to figure out what to read next.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of reading for one day! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woha you're fast! Congrats it seems like you'll rock this read-a-thon. I've heard really great things about Blaze and I can't wait to see what you think of it. Keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you go! You are a reading machine. The beach sounds lovely and it is seems like you are getting lots of reading done and the books are so good. :) Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top