The Little Red Wolf by Amélie Fléchais

Standalone. Diamond Book Distributors (Oct. 2017) NetGalley
Lose yourself in in the dark forests of  spectacular artwork. A young wolf, on a journey to bring his grandmother a rabbit, is charmed by the nice little girl who offers to help him... but nice is not the same as good. A haunting fairy tale for children and adults alike.

               

YES! I say yes to this book! Oh, how I love dark and twisted fairy tales... 



The narration of this beautifully told tale is perfect. I loved that it was a little wolf as the main character. I even liked the creepy little bunny he was keeping to take to his grandmother. 



A little wolf, wearing an infamous red cape, goes to give his grandmother a bunny that has been caught and killed. He is warned to avoid the forest of dead wood where a hunter and his daughter live. Of course, he wonders off and some interesting things happen along the way.



What really stood out for me was that the story was all about point of view. I liked that this was pointed out because in the original story the wolf is bad but the wolf has to eat, right? The wolf has his own story to tell and it's told wonderfully. The artwork too did wonders for the story. I could look through this book for hours and be enchanted. 



Fléchais does the original story of Little Red Riding Hood, my favorite fairy tale, justice. The narration, illustrations, and twist make this a wonderful little graphic novel to read time and time again.

Comments

  1. Such adorable illustrations and I love a good retelling. I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I'm considering buying it so I can keep it forever.

      Delete
  2. This looks and sounds brilliant. I love fairy tales and retelling of them too. Especially when stories are told from a different point of view. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to check it out. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retellings are the best! They bring me back to my childhood.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top