Waiting on Wednesday: The Darkest Part of the Forest

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Children can have a cruel, absolute sense of justice. Children can kill a monster and feel quite proud of themselves. A girl can look at her brother and believe they’re destined to be a knight and a bard who battle evil. She can believe she’s found the thing she’s been made for.

Hazel lives with her brother, Ben, in the strange town of Fairfold where humans and fae exist side by side. The faeries’ seemingly harmless magic attracts tourists, but Hazel knows how dangerous they can be, and she knows how to stop them. Or she did, once.

At the center of it all, there is a glass coffin in the woods. It rests right on the ground and in it sleeps a boy with horns on his head and ears as pointed as knives. Hazel and Ben were both in love with him as children. The boy has slept there for generations, never waking.
Until one day, he does…

As the world turns upside down, Hazel tries to remember her years pretending to be a knight. But swept up in new love, shifting loyalties, and the fresh sting of betrayal, will it be enough?




First of all, look at that cover. I mean come on! That cover is so mesmerizing. I'm really loving that this book has fae in it, I never get to read books about fairies who are always far more dangerous than you would think they would be. The Darkest Part of the Forest just sounds magical and wonderful and I want to read it!!!

Release Date: January 13th 2014



What book are you eagerly waiting on?

Comments

  1. Oh yes, I am waiting on that one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you don't have to wait very long for this one! That cover is pretty sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know! I might pick this up soon or wait a little a while until I actually have some money :P

      Delete
  3. Holly Balck is one of my favourite authors and I'm buzzing for this book!
    My WoW
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've actually read a book by her yet but she's so popular she must be good.

      Delete
  4. I cant wait to read this I love the cover to.

    My WOW

    http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.com/2015/01/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the Fae..and yes that cover is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I don't read nearly as much of the fae in my books.

      Delete
  6. I LOVED this book! My review is HERE. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Happy Wednesday :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover as well! I hope it doesn't come out as one of those glossy covers, haha! And yes, I don't get to read a lot of Fae books, either, even if there are a lot of them. And I'm waiting for a Holly Black book I'll actually like.

    Lovely pick!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind glossy covers - do you mean the shiny ones?
      I really want to give Holly Black I try like I never did when I was a kid.

      Delete
  8. This book strikes me as interesting but maybe also a little bit creepy! I really want to try it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where you get creepy from this book but that's half the excitement - the unknown (:

      Delete
  9. I can't wait for this too! Since I just finished Princess of Thorns I am craving more fairytale stories, so I can't wait to see read this! I hope we both get to read this and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting on some Frog Prince retellings from the library that I'm sure to devour. I love me some retellings.

      Delete
  10. I've really enjoyed Holly Black's previous novels so this is one I cannot wait to read either!

    Lovely pick, Adriana <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! You'll most likely end up enjoying this one too then.

      Delete
  11. I'm also very excited about this one! I love books that feature faeries, and I mean this is Holly Black so it has to be good. I hope. Great pick Adriana!

    Anatea @ Anatea's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought! The faeries and Holly Black part.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top