My Little Monster 2 by Robico

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun #2. Kodansha Comics (May 2014) Library
Big Brother
Haru's big brother suddenly appears with unclear motives. What is clear is Haru's hatred for his big brother. Haru disappears at the sight of his big brother and Mizutani is left with even more questions about Haru. What are her feelings for him? How can she make him like her? And what is the deal with his big brother?

             
                               



My Little Monster continues with Haru avoiding his brother. There's a great amount of animosity he projects concerning his brother. He even lashes out because of his issues with his brother. With this volume we learn more about Haru's past, a connection with one of his friends, and a little understanding of why Mizutani cares only for her grades. I'm sympathizing with these characters now which is really wonderful because I really wanted this second volume of the series to be excellent which it is. I have no little things that bugged me at all. My Little Monster is very fast becoming a favorite manga of mine.

Mizutani opens up even more after her last talk with Haru. I was confused at the ending of the last book on how Haru stood with his interests in Mizutani but everything was clarified in this continuation. After Mizutani's speech last time you can see that maybe Haru was too quick to say he didn't like her that way. 

I can't believe it was possible but these two dorks got even more adorable this time around. I really liked how Mizutani was very sweet towards Haru even more this time around. Although, a new girl creates a little bit of tension between Haru and Mizutani. I'm curious to see if this new girl becomes part of the group. It's highly likely because she's on the cover of the next book or maybe there will be more tension concerning these three. I also would like to see this guy who was around in the first book who I feel like might be another potential love interest for Mizutani. I don't really want the two MC's to not get together but maybe the other boy provides more entertainment - you never know.


I'm really liking how Mizutani friends are helping her branch out. Sasayan and Natsume are both very pleasant characters. It would be nice to see their own stories/backgrounds a little more and for them to get love interests as well. I don't think Sasayan likes Mizutani which is what I thought last time around. He's just very nice and there doesn't seem to be any crushing going on there. It would be great to get a little more character development with him and Natsume however, right now I'm content with the amount of entertainment I'm getting from the main story.


This was a very sweet and somewhat illuminating second book of My Little Monster. I'm really enjoying this series. Unfortunately, it's not all out in English yet and my library only has the first two copies. I hope I'll be able to continue on this series this year after a while because I simply love it.


Comments

  1. I hope you will be able to continue this series soon! Tough that the rest isn't available in English yet. Fingers crossed your library gets the next one soon. Glad you are enjoying the series so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! I doubt it though since my library is strapped for money. My library is such a tease for just having the first two in their system (;

      Delete
  2. wow I love reading manga as well :) but I have only watched the anime for this one and it was great ,, happy to hear you loved this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the anime. It's very true to the manga which means you would really like reading the manga if you liked the anime.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top