#FitReaders: January 2nd 2015 Check-In


My first check in for #Fitreaders! Yes, I started on January 1st so only two days to report. A couple of goals I have are to increase my endurance for running, run a race, drink more water, and get some strength into my muscles. For running I plan to run a certain length - starting with a mile - and increasing it by 0.250 when I believe I have reached the time I want for that running duration. 

Thurs/Jan. 1st:
1 mi. walk/run - 17 min. 28 sec.
21 min. walk
56 oz of water
Thoughts: The 20 min workout and walk/run kicked my bum! I'm going to keep on with the mile and workout until I'm satisfied. Remember to stretch after next time!

Fri/Jan. 2nd:
1 mi. walk/run - 16 min. 16 sec.
60 oz of water EDIT: 68 oz
Thoughts: I know it doesn't seem like a lot but I'm like always resting between workouts and videos. I take forever! As things get easier I'm sure I'll push through better. And hey, at least I'm trying. I'm already sore from these two days. I'm making sure I'm only doing what I can to the best of my ability so I don't go overboard but I'm still going to be sore I'm sure. Lower back workout might have worked too well... Need to do back exercises more sparingly maybe. I feel like I'm going to regret all the squats I did. At least I remembered to stretch!

Comments

  1. I always forget or avoid stretching yet I know I shouldn't. Nice going - don't get too sore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late! Haha but I'm stretching so I'm feeling better. Tomorrow should be fine since I took it easy today.

      Delete
  2. You're doing great! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start!!! I always forget about stretching and sometimes I end up paying for it! I try to do yoga at least 2 times a week - at least I get some stretching and strength-building through that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like yoga is super intense though. I wouldn't know where to start but good for you. I'm sure it makes other exercises more achievable if you are able to keep pose for so long and have some good flexibility.

      Delete
  4. I like those quick workouts. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only can do quick workouts lol. I'm sure I'll be able to do just one longer one with my running but for now I'm able to strengthen all the parts of my body in these quick workouts.

      Delete
  5. Wow, you're off to a great start this year! Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a great start to a new year! Thank you for sharing these videos! I've done some on Youtube so I'm going to try these. I've also signed up for #FitReaders and I can't wait to get to know everyone in the challenge. Good luck on your goals and have a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome! I hope you enjoy the videos. Fitness Blender has a lot of workouts to choose from that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  7. Woohoo you're off to a great start! I need to check out some of these fitness videos and up my water intake as well. Best of luck reaching your fitness goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I hope you are able to have a great week of exercising!

      Delete
  8. Woot, go you! I'm going to be trying to get back to the gym this week I think, but it is always a struggle, sigh. I am impressed with your running already, but yey progress :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't go to the gym myself. I might have to if I ever up my strength goals. Yeah, VERY slow prgress but I'm okay with it. I always knew I had the worst endurance ever.

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top