A Winter's Respite and Other Challenges...


Hosted over @ Seasons of Reading

Technically this is a read-a-thon but I'm joining some other challenges which you can see further on in this post so this title sort of makes sense... I did so well in Bout of Books but I'm not giving much time to reading now with school. My goal is just to read everyday. 




I love rereading books but sometimes I put those books on the back burner to read new books I have yet to read but I really want to reread some books this year so I signed up for this challenge. I really like the way I can update my challenge too:

I don't have time to re-read because I don't want to get behind. 

Don't want to take time away from review books and get behind on posts for your blog? We don't either! If you feel like re-reading will set you back, you could write a re-read review. This portion is optional, of course, and not required to participate in the challenge or qualify for the giveaways. But if you're interested, highlight your re-reads with a re-read review. For example, we'll be answering these questions:

WHEN I First Read

WHAT I Remember

WHY I Wanted to Re-Read

HOW I Felt After Re-Reading

WOULD I Re-Read Again

BOOM. You're done! Post it. Add it to the monthly re-read recap post. Tweet with the hashtag #ReRead2015. You've got a post for your blog AND the challenge. Each post you link counts as an entry to our giveaways.

So this challenge is doable to me and will encourage me to reread.



Hosted over @ Fictively

"The point is to get your feedback ratio closer to the recommended 80%."

This is what I want. I don't know if I'll get there but I'm going to do my best. My goal right now is:




Hosted over @ Book Dragon's Lair

I don't usually count picture books towards my Goodreads challenge goal but this year I am because books are books. So keeping with this theme I decided to take part in this challenge so I make sure I read picture books this year. I don't know how much I'll go for. I'll say at least ten books.

Comments

  1. Hi, My name is Brighid O'Sulllivan and I write historical fiction, not sure if you like that genre? I have a novel called The Sun Palace which is set in 6th century Ireland and wonder if you or anyone else, would like a Free review copy? You can email me @celticbrighid@gmail.com You can check out excerpts from the book on my blog@celticthoguhts.com or Bublish.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are books! I totally agree! I think it is smart that you are doing this challenge and finding a way to make sure you reread/read some picture books. Good luck!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really happy with these challenges because they will push me further in my reading.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with all of your challenges! I just hit the 80% mark on NetGalley... we shall see how long that lasts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. " I don't have time to re-read because I don't want to get behind." THIS. I'm really liking the sound of that challenge, especially those questions you could include in a re-review. Ah, this makes me want to read more picture books too. Good luck with these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I don't wanna reread most of the time in fear of being behind too, Adriana. These challenges all seem brilliant though! I don't like challenges because they bring me too much pressure but they sure look fun. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I re-read books when checking out a series new addition. Not every time but if its been a while and I have the time I'll do it. One that really surprised me was the Outlander series. My first time through I really hated the first book, but I tried again years later after some close friends asked me to try again. Second time around I loved it. Can't explain it, but I'm glad I gave it another chance. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun bunch of challenges you have! I never sign up for challenges because I don't think I could keep them all organized. Have fun with all your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2015's gonna hold a lot of re-reads for me. I'm planning on all seven Harry Potter books for example, and a lot of other books. I like re-reading. I usually pick up on a lot of stuff I didn't notice the first time.

    - Love, Felicia
    ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top