The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things received and share news about what's coming up for the next week ahead.
Wow! This has been a busy week. Spring break has made me a very productive reader. I read 7 books in total in the course of a week which is crazy. I haven't done that in forever. It's back to school tomorrow. I'm reading Splintered next. It's going to be awesome to be in Wonderland for a chance. I tried to read the original story a long time ago but it didn't take. Hopefully this retelling will make me fall for the original story once again. Thanks for the recommendation everyone. I love the What's Next meme I started to participate in.
Last Week on the Blog:
Last week I discussed what motivations Maleficent may have had to put Aurora under a curse in the upcoming movie Maleficent. I reviewed The Program and Til Death which I both loved reading. A blog tour for Clever Girl stopped here. I reviewed the picture book - Princess Pigsty. I participated in the meme What's Next? and was recommended Splintered to read next. I reread and reviewed Two Truth and a Lie. Finally, I reviewed Fearscape which although I really enjoyed scared the hell out of me.
Around the Blogosphere (a.k.a. my to-read list is now larger):
Some books I added to my to-read list that I can't wait to get my hands on: Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington and They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire.
Posts/articles/videos I enjoyed:
- Dear Bloggers - Feral is Yours via Holly Schindler
- Teen Invents Flashlight That Could Change the World via Yahoo
- What Does Charlie Hear? via The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow
- Music to My Ears via Gypsy Reviews
- Still Star-Crossed by Melinda Taub via Fiction Freak
- What Do You Look for in a Bookstore? via The Book Babe's Reads
- Shuffle Saturday 28: I Hold On via Born Bookish
- Can Leo Solve the Whippet Mystery? via The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow
- Author Interview with Romily Bernard via Born Bookish
- He's Just *That* Into You via Feminist Fiction
- If you need a good cry or you need to feel like there some hope in this world watch this:
Plans for Next Week:
I'll be reading less this week but I still have plans to read some great books. Right now I'm reading Wicked Plants and then I'll be moving on to Splintered.
I also plan to read Black Crow, White Lie and if I can Witch Finder. I stopped reading A Discovery of Witches a while ago so I want to read a few chapters a day until I finish it. It's really long so I have to read it that way to stay sane. I have two books that I've read but not yet reviewed so I'll get on that quick before I lose what I want to say about each of them.