Boundless by Cynthia Hand

Title: Boundless
Author: Cynthia hand
Series: (Unearthly Trilogy) Book #3
Format- ebook
Publisher- HarperTeen
Published- January 22nd, 2013
Pages- 270
Source- Own

The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could ever have anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she’s headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must decide her fate once and for all.

I really don't know what to say. This will probably be a short and sweet review because I don't want to give anything away. I'm going to be very aloof and as mysterious as I can be so nothing is taken away when you actually read the story. There's so much to say but I can't find the right words. Unearthly was my first angel book. The only other angel books I've tried other than this trilogy was Hush, Hush and the sequel - Crescendo. It just didn't measure up as Unearthly so when Hallowed came out I was ready to get back into the comfort of a wonderful angel book which, as you may know, I consider to have the greatest love triangles I've ever come across. I was ecstatic when I realized that I loved Hallowed like I loved Unearthly. Now when I finished Boundless, in complete awe of what this trilogy has accomplished, I could say that I've loved each and every one of the books in this trilogy. How rare is it that an author is able to do that?

I completely forgot about Angela's vision that sent her, Clara, and Christian to Stanford. They all had to deal with their own visions. I really liked how it all came together. Their visions were forecasting events that impacted their lives so greatly. There was a chance that the visions wouldn't play out as well as they hoped. To put everything on those visions, having faith that it will all work out, was a major stress factor for me. All the shock that this book gave me was insane. My emotions by the end of the story were everywhere. 

I liked how Jeffrey came around and Clara seemed to care for him more than she usually did. Before I've complained how she should have paid more attention to her brother. He's an angel blood too with visions of his own. I felt sometimes she was a bit selfish before but in this book she made up for it in my eyes. She was good with Angela too. 

What really got me with the story is that even if there were questions about where Christian and Tucker stood with her (I know! Tucker's around) the book was more about Clara and what she was facing. In the other books I felt like a lot of attention was focused on the romance which for me was no problem at all but the change worked well now that the trilogy has come to an end. For some reason even if the romance was in there I felt like it wasn't the biggest part of the story. It was about Clara and her choices. Hand really tugged on my heart strings with this one. It was such a incredible ending although bittersweet. I'm going to miss everyone so much. I don't think I'll ever find an angel series quite like this.

I'm going to stop here. I know if I write a more detailed review like I'm used to I might inadvertently give something away or give more review than you need. You can see that I loved Boundless and that's all you really need to know so you can go in reading Boundless with a positive attitude. I know this review probably wasn't as short as you or I expected but I'm ending it here. There is only one more thing to say: lovers of Unearthly and Hallowed - you won't be disappointed with Boundless.



For more info about Cynthia Hand and her books go to:

Comments

  1. I'm SO excited about this book! I hope everything ends well, I might go crazy if it doesn't!!! I didn't read the whole review because I don't want to spoil anything but I'll be back to finish it once I've read it! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will like it. I don't think I gave anything away but better to safe than sorry. When you are done you read it you should message me on Goodreads so we can talk about what happens!

      Delete
  2. The Premonition series by Amy A. Bartol is a pretty epic angel series! But Yes Loved Boundless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Amy Bartol series, definitely recommend that one as well. It's far sexier than the Unearthly series. I'm going to start on a few contemporary YA ones while I'm waiting for Prodigy (Legend: 2) to be released.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I see Prodigy everywhere. I thought it was already released. You should try finding an ARC version.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you were happy with the final book! I don't think I'll be reading it myself any time soon, but I do know how it ends. I had to force someone to tell me. ;) Brilliant review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I've read on comments on Goodreads people asking others who did she finally pick (:

      Delete
  4. So glad that you and so many other people loved Boundless, I've only read Unearthly, but I am so excited to read Hallowed when I have the time. This series is the only angel series that I truly enjoyed, so I'm glad that I can continue to have high expectations for it. Thank you so much for not spoiling anything and writing this great review!

    Angie @ YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read the first book, so I didn't read your review because I don't want to spoil the second book! But I just wanted to say YAY! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top