January 2012 Cover Love

Hey guys! I decided that rather than just post Cover Loves all over the place I'll post them all once a month in a single post. I'm trying to be pickier so call me out if I'm not.



So my Cover Loves for this month are Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, Steel by Carrie Vaughn, The DUFF by Kody Keplinger, and Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins.

I never thought I would like purple so much but Unearthly got it right. It's second book Hallowed (I need it in my hand's already) is basically the same thing but in the wonderful color of blue. It's nice to have some consistency but I don't know how I feel about that just yet.What's the next book orange? Sounds weird in my head so we'll just have to see. Lettering reminds me Beautiful Creatures so much!

The DUFF although not the nicest subject matter or name it still catched my eye when browsing books. Shut Out's cover looks good as well. Pretty girls usually stand out. I also think the whole bubblegum thing is something I particularly like i.e. The Education of Hailey Kendrick.

Now Hex Hall. Seems kind of plain compared to others right? Well I still love it. It's still appealing and it's about witches. And have I told you how much I HEART witches? I think I may have mentioned it somewhere else... Have never seen a cover with reflection across the water. Maybe... but whatever. I like it. It clearly shows a protagonist that I'm going to like because she's scared out of her wits of going to a school with other witches and other people. Looks like someone I can relate to and then she transforms! Basically the cover tells you a story. And although there isn't a cat in the story it shows symbolism. When does a cover ever show symbolism... that I know of? 

Almost forgot about Steel. Got to love a cover with a sword and a book about pirates. I know I'm still gushing about the pirates thing but I can't help it.

Well that's all for this January Cover Love. Can't wait to see what February has in store for me!

Comments

back to top