Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


I never wanted to read this book. It's another angel book. Catch that? Another. Unearthly was so good that I was like Okay. If that one was so good this can't be bad. And it did not disappoint.

Patch is a fallen angel. He's got this way about him. This confidence. And his eyes just draw you in even though you know he's bad news. Of course no one knows what he is. That's what Nora Grey feels. He's reeks bad news and she just turns to mush when he talks to her. He seems to like to embarrass her for no good reason. He says it's because he likes her but she's not going down that road. Especially since he's is so dead on when it comes to describing her. Like he can look into her eyes and know everything. He knows how her mothers always away now since she has to be the breadwinner because her father died. He knows she is slow to trust and needs to be in control. Meanwhile she can't get anything out of him. She basically knows his name, he's mysterious, likes to play pool, and is overall a jerk. He gets under her skin and she can't help but let him and... like it. But with all the strange things happening to her she can't help but wonder if it's his fault and she was right not to trust him. Her mind keeps playing tricks on her and she swears it's him and if it's not him it's Elliot who seems perfectly normal but also masked in mystery.

I actually really liked this book. *applause* Yes. Now I know I should have read it sooner but now I don't have to wait for all those books to come out like the others. Suckers. *evil grin* I don't know what it is about bad boys that just makes us girls keep going for more but Patch... you got me. He's so cocky it's unbelievable. There's a line between being confident and then being cocky and he was on that line. It was pretty amusing. How they acted together. There was a point where I thought Nora was being to desperate or lack for a better word stupid. But it was only a brief moment. Man was this book long! But I couldn't put it down. It took forever to read. It wasn't very fast paced but it wasn't really slow either. When all is revealed about Patch it's a little bit of a shock but makes it oh so much more interesting. Her friend Vee was torturing me. She acted so naive. Get the hint. She seemed like a good friend and a good addition she kind of reminded me of Camelia's friend in Deadly Little Secrets. All in all it was a really good book but I've got to say Unearthly was better. I can't really explain it. I don't really think it was because I read it first honestly. It's just my luck that I'll have to wait for it but not for Hush, Hush. But don't get me wrong. Hush, Hush was pretty fantastic too.

Comments

back to top